Honored Contributor

Re: American Idol contestant

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2wrote:

I don't understand why the woman Brittney (the vocal coach) didn't go on to the next round. I thought she was good, what's the big deal, send her to Hollywood, the judges can always cut her then. I don't think the judges were fair to the 17 year old girl that came with her 20 year old sister, the guitarist. She looked like she was seething, her sister auditioning when she came as more of less support for her. I actually think the judges liked the 20 year old better, I thought the 17 year old wasn't going through. That car ride home must have been interesting! The last contestant who came in with his son (his sister's baby) had me tearing up. I am so glad he made it through, a good man who stepped up to the plate. All these sob stories get to me.

@Jordan2  I didn't understand why Brittany didn't go through either.  I also didn't understand why they were on the fence about that girl who sang the Carrie Underwood song and then part of Fireworks.  I thought she was good and was glad they finally put her through.  My favorite so far might be the guy who has his sister's baby.

Some of the ones they put through I couldn't understand at all.  

In last week's show they put through the guy that wrote his own song.  Then Luke had him sing a little bit of a Michael Buble song, and he couldn't do it.  They went ahead and put him through over Brittany.  It doesn't make sense to me.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1wrote:

@Jordan2, I agree with you about Brittney and was sure she was going through.  IMO, she nailed that song and a difficult one it is.  I'm wondering if the judges didn't like that she was a voice coach and were afraid she wouldn't want any additional coaching at the competition.  If you do facebook, there's a lot of uproar on the issue about her not going through, though some are saying that they changed their minds and gave her a golden ticket to attend.

As for the two sisters, I agree with you. The 17 year old was not at all happy that her sister was granted  permission to sing and it showed.  IMO, the 17 year old is no where near ready but her older sister was very good.  

I also enjoyed the last guy with the baby and really liked Brandon Elder (the guy who was adopted at 7 years old and lost his mom and wrote/sang a song dedicated to her).

@HisElk1, yes I forgot about Brandon, I liked him too.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2wrote:

I don't understand why the woman Brittney (the vocal coach) didn't go on to the next round. I thought she was good, what's the big deal, send her to Hollywood, the judges can always cut her then. I don't think the judges were fair to the 17 year old girl that came with her 20 year old sister, the guitarist. She looked like she was seething, her sister auditioning when she came as more of less support for her. I actually think the judges liked the 20 year old better, I thought the 17 year old wasn't going through. That car ride home must have been interesting! The last contestant who came in with his son (his sister's baby) had me tearing up. I am so glad he made it through, a good man who stepped up to the plate. All these sob stories get to me.

The 2 sisters story looked very staged to me. I might be wrong, but it looked fake to me.