Honored Contributor

Re: American Idol April 6, spoilers possible

I didn't think Jennifer should have answered that question either @Jordan2.  I was so glad that Keith told Trent he might have just made it easy for people to make up their minds who to vote for.  Then Jennifer told him he deserved to win.  I don't know if I'm going to vote.  I think they're both great.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@SoftRain  I have to agree whole heartedly with you!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

I didn't think Jennifer should have answered that question either @Jordan2.  I was so glad that Keith told Trent he might have just made it easy for people to make up their minds who to vote for.  Then Jennifer told him he deserved to win.  I don't know if I'm going to vote.  I think they're both great.

I think Jennifer felt badly about the comment and tried to backtrack. I'm sure Trent felt badly about it and he came out swinging!

Honored Contributor

For me it's hands down La Porsha!!!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I think they are both really great singers but I do not care for either one.  I liked Dalton.

Trusted Contributor

I've watched every year of American Idol and remember in the past they have asked the judges after the final rounds who won.  Seems like I remember having 3 rounds and they would ask after each and ask each judge.  At least they only asked one judge after one round.  I would prefer that it not be asked at all.  It's such a subjective choice.  Believe that's especially true this year as they both are wonderful singers and either choice would be a good one.  I did vote for La'Porsha as I think over the season she's had the best overall performances, but Trent certainly rose to the occasion tonight. 

Honored Contributor

I can't believe how they're drawing this thing out!  I used to watch it for years.  The past two years not so much.  It just got too serious for me.

I don't know who is the better singer of those two.  I do know that the winner doesn't always go far.  Some of those that got kicked off earlier in the years made themselves way more famous.  One was Jennifer Hudson.  I love her and her music.

I guess I like all of them but Adam is my favorite.  Adam Lambert is soooo amazing.  He really adores his fans, that's another reason I like him.

Trusted Contributor

Trent definitely gets my vote.  His range and voice are amazing.  I liked LaPorsha in the beginning but Trent has become phenomenal. I also like his demeanor and that he is so humble.  

As far as LaPorsha goes, Imo, I didn't see the need for the constant showing of the baby. The baby probably received more attention than some of the contestants and then Jennifer holding her while LaPorsha sang and then bringing her on stage.  Of course, she's proud of her and you can tell that she's a good mother and she is a little doll but I just don't think it's fair or do I think it's wise for a baby to have that much exposure.  I may be wrong, because she is talented, but her story and the baby just may play a role in voting.   I'm sorry but I also didn't like when she brought up the race card.  Why do it, there is no need for it, when she is very talented and so pretty.  I don't vote based on color or if I think a guy contestant is cute.  This is a talent competition and think people should vote for talent no matter what race they belong to or how they look.  I understand her story and wanting to have a better life but let's face it, they all want to win so they can have a better life, isn't that the reason they're all there?  

Honored Contributor

I predicted many weeks ago that these two would be the finalists.  They both have wonderful God-given talent that is so amazing and both of them are so humble, a trait I hope both of them continue to show.  Either one would be a great asset to the American Idol tradition IMHO.  I just wish it would be possible to have co-winners.  It's so hard for me to choose one over the other. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

For me it's hands down La Porsha!!!

I hope she loses the weave if she does win... she always looks like she has a rats nest on top of her head. She could do better in the weave department.