Esteemed Contributor

Re: American Idol April 6, spoilers possible

I am thrilled Trent Harmon won.  He is so talented and humble and I can't wait for his first album.   LaPorsha by now probably has people standing in line with contract offers.

Trent won't be waiting tables anymore and LaPorsha will be able to provide well for her adorable little girl.  I hope some of the contestants were offered contracts. 

I just wish someone would have reminded Jennifer Lopez she was performing for a family oriented show.  Her gyrations are great in Vegas, not so much for American Idol.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

This finale was so much better than previous ones. In the past they had the 2 contestants paired up with known artists, maybe their idols, for duets. You actually didn't hear much from Trent and LaPorsha after the opening. I don't think I saw Kris Allen and Adam Lambert. I was surprised to see Phillip Phillips because I think he is suing AI. 

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

So happy for Trent! I hope we hear him on the charts soon! A God-given talent for sure.

I think the song he's releasing is beautiful and will be a hit.  His was my favorite song of the three finalists.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I believe Jennifers performance was pre-taped?

I think if it had been pre-taped they would have said so.  They told us that Kelly Clarkson's was pre-taped.  They just said Jennifer was performing an act from her Vegas show.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Well this show really went out with a bang.  It was non-stop excitement from beginning to end.  I loved it!  

@NickNack you mentioned LaToya London.  Do you remember how much Simon liked her?  I seem to recall he was upset when she got voted off.  LOL  (Maybe I'm remembering wrong -- I don't know)

Everybody who performed was so excellent.  I couldn't have asked for a better finale!  And I'm really glad Trent won.  What a talent he is!!

I loved the Bowie tribute, too.  They did a great job!

@Citrine1  I don't remember much about LaToya on the show.  I just remember she was my favorite that year.

I loved everything about last night's show, too.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

This finale was so much better than previous ones. In the past they had the 2 contestants paired up with known artists, maybe their idols, for duets. You actually didn't hear much from Trent and LaPorsha after the opening. I don't think I saw Kris Allen and Adam Lambert. I was surprised to see Phillip Phillips because I think he is suing AI. 

Kris was part of the 5 guy ensemble singing- including Phillip Phillips and Lee Dwyze. Adam is touring right now, but he was on AI a couple times this season  already!

Esteemed Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I believe Jennifers performance was pre-taped?

I think if it had been pre-taped they would have said so.  They told us that Kelly Clarkson's was pre-taped.  They just said Jennifer was performing an act from her Vegas show.

Not  necessariy- with Kelly they were announcng her baby coming too. I've gone to many 'live' shows (Americas Got Talent particularly), and so many performances are pre taped. Sometimes before the show goes 'live' that night, sometimes days before even! 

Respected Contributor

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

Keith.  Oh, yes.  He could've done much better than Nicole.......

......namely, me.   And I sing.  lolol

Sorry mate.....since I have a few Aussie friends who live there and am so familiar with Aussie Accents, food and their life......it has to be me!  One thing though, I can't sing!  Lol

Hey, I like barbecued shrimp too!  :-p     ....Well?

It's shrimp on the Barbie lol.  Then there's Tim Tam cookies.....yum, Cherry Ripe, Vegemite on toast (yuck), Anzak biscuits, meat pie. My friend is always sending me cookies, chocolates and then he sent me Vegemite, it was terrible and he couldn't believe I didn't love it.  I think it's the most popular food in Australia.  Did I win yet? Maybe we can share 😊 LOL

"He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich."

Colin Hay, o vocalista dos Men at Work , faz hoje 60 anos!

Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

I didnt care who won but just to tell you all. La Porsha was also signed. Saw Scott Borchetta annnounce it in a live feed on American Idol on facebook. (If anyone wants to check it out).

I thought the finale was fabulous! I still love Bo Bice! (among many more Idols). He is still great to me.. He is now the lead singer in Blood Sweat and Tears and tours with them, and is married with 4 children. It was good to see him singing Vehicle tonight!

So glad to hear LaPorsha was signed.  I thought she would be!

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Kris Allen was there.  He sang at the end with the group of guys.  I don't remember who all of them were, but I think Phillip Phillips was one of them.  They said this morning on the Today show that all of the past season winners were there.

-Henry David Thoreau