Respected Contributor

Re: American Idol April 6, spoilers possible

I'm so glad Borchetta signed her.  She deserves it.

Even though he's a high-powered music icon, a couple of the latest AI winners have slipped into obscurity.  The bottom line is:  it all depends on the talent.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@His Elk wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

We all knew that LaPorsha would get a contract with some studio, BUT why couldn't they wait a day or two to give Trent "his day in the sun"?  I feel like it is another "everyone gets a trophy" for participation.  Maybe they should have signed all of them?  I thought LaPorsha had a gorgeous voice and thought she would win, so I am not against her.  There are always winners and losers, not everyone can win.  Just my thoughts this morning.  

I thought the exact same thing.  While I expected her to get a contract, it should have never been done right away IMO.  It took away from Trent's win.  Putting myself in his shoes, it wouldn't make me feel so good.  They have never done this in any of the other finale shows.  Trent deserved better.  It would also  make me wonder if LaPorsha was the winner whether they would have signed up Trent.  I thought it seemed rather tacky.

We were ecstatic to see that Trent won and with his illness of having mono at the beginning of the show, he really proved he's got what it takes.

Now I feel like why did I bother to vote? I don't mind her getting a contract but I feel it is a slap in the face to Trent to have her signed so soon. I do hope his CD is a priority and released before hers'. 

I actually had to voice my feeleings to Scott B's on his website.  If the rumors are true that he was going to give both a contract, he absued the system of America voting on AI.  This is the first time I have voted in 10+ years LOL, but Trent had all the components that represent AI to me.   Kind of puts a damper on it for me, but I am sure Trent is a happy camper today.  Best of wishes to him.

Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@His Elk wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

We all knew that LaPorsha would get a contract with some studio, BUT why couldn't they wait a day or two to give Trent "his day in the sun"?  I feel like it is another "everyone gets a trophy" for participation.  Maybe they should have signed all of them?  I thought LaPorsha had a gorgeous voice and thought she would win, so I am not against her.  There are always winners and losers, not everyone can win.  Just my thoughts this morning.  

I thought the exact same thing.  While I expected her to get a contract, it should have never been done right away IMO.  It took away from Trent's win.  Putting myself in his shoes, it wouldn't make me feel so good.  They have never done this in any of the other finale shows.  Trent deserved better.  It would also  make me wonder if LaPorsha was the winner whether they would have signed up Trent.  I thought it seemed rather tacky.

We were ecstatic to see that Trent won and with his illness of having mono at the beginning of the show, he really proved he's got what it takes.

Now I feel like why did I bother to vote? I don't mind her getting a contract but I feel it is a slap in the face to Trent to have her signed so soon. I do hope his CD is a priority and released before hers'. 

I actually had to voice my feeleings to Scott B's on his website.  If the rumors are true that he was going to give both a contract, he absued the system of America voting on AI.  This is the first time I have voted in 10+ years LOL, but Trent had all the components that represent AI to me.   Kind of puts a damper on it for me, but I am sure Trent is a happy camper today.  Best of wishes to him.

@Hoovermom, could you please supply that website?  I did a google search and there were so many.  I'd like to leave a comment as well.  IMO, this was so wrong in so many ways.

Thank you.

Still the same "HisElk"; trouble logging in and lost the "old me".
Respected Contributor

Who was the little girl with Harry and what was her story?  I missed that part!

Respected Contributor

@fortune  She (Marley Fletcher) is a student at the Ellis Marsalis Center for Music in New Orleans' Ninth Ward.  Harry and Branford Marsalis founded the Center.

The Ellis Marsalis Center for Music, the centerpiece of Musicians' Village, is a 17,000 square foot facility that serves as a performance, education and community venue. The Center includes a 170-seat performance hall, recording studios and teaching facilities for individual and group instruction, and a gathering place for the community.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@His Elk wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@His Elk wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Hoovermom, could you please supply that website?  I did a google search and there were so many.  I'd like to leave a comment as well.  IMO, this was so wrong in so many ways.

Thank you.

You are so right about so many twitter accounts, etc., and others.  Here is where I sent it:  mail@bigmachine.us.  Now, who knows if he will ever see it but I felt better LOL.  Let me know if that doesn't work.  

Respected Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

@fortune  She (Marley Fletcher) is a student at the Ellis Marsalis Center for Music in New Orleans' Ninth Ward.  Harry and Branford Marsalis founded the Center.

The Ellis Marsalis Center for Music, the centerpiece of Musicians' Village, is a 17,000 square foot facility that serves as a performance, education and community venue. The Center includes a 170-seat performance hall, recording studios and teaching facilities for individual and group instruction, and a gathering place for the community.

@ i like celery:  Thank you so much for your response! 

Respected Contributor

@SaRina - You may have been right about the judges reaction.  Here is a link you may be interested in:

reaction-trent-harmon-winner-shocked

Honored Contributor

Here's a follow-up on where are they now.  Just some of them:

http://www.syracuse.com/tv/index.ssf/2016/01/american_idol_stars_where_now_list.html

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Here's a follow-up on where are they now.  Just some of them:

http://www.syracuse.com/tv/index.ssf/2016/01/american_idol_stars_where_now_list.html

That was really interesting @Annabellethecat66.  I had forgotten about Jason Castro.  He was one that I really liked.  It said he had cut off his dreadlocks.  I went to his website, though, and it showed him still having them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau