Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: American Idol April 6, spoilers possible

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I can't believe how they're drawing this thing out!  I used to watch it for years.  The past two years not so much.  It just got too serious for me.

I don't know who is the better singer of those two.  I do know that the winner doesn't always go far.  Some of those that got kicked off earlier in the years made themselves way more famous.  One was Jennifer Hudson.  I love her and her music.

I guess I like all of them but Adam is my favorite.  Adam Lambert is soooo amazing.  He really adores his fans, that's another reason I like him.

No matter which one wins, I think they'll both go far.  I agree Adam is my favorite also...he was my pick from the very beginning.  I would love to see him in concert.  He said he's going on tour with Queen......how amazing will that be.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really like both - but they've played and replayed LaPorsha's 'story' so much. Trent is what AI is all about, someone who had a Gd given talent and never sang -- that was Kelly Clarkson also! He's so humble and appreciative-  and I'm partial to anyone who sings 'Chandedlier'! ESPECIALLY like THAT!!!!!

Dalton almost seemed relieved to not be in the top 2! It makes me wonder if someone took him aside and talked record deals already.

Contributor

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

Trent definitely gets my vote.  His range and voice are amazing.  I liked LaPorsha in the beginning but Trent has become phenomenal. I also like his demeanor and that he is so humble.  

As far as LaPorsha goes, Imo, I didn't see the need for the constant showing of the baby. The baby probably received more attention than some of the contestants and then Jennifer holding her while LaPorsha sang and then bringing her on stage.  Of course, she's proud of her and you can tell that she's a good mother and she is a little doll but I just don't think it's fair or do I think it's wise for a baby to have that much exposure.  I may be wrong, because she is talented, but her story and the baby just may play a role in voting.   I'm sorry but I also didn't like when she brought up the race card.  Why do it, there is no need for it, when she is very talented and so pretty.  I don't vote based on color or if I think a guy contestant is cute.  This is a talent competition and think people should vote for talent no matter what race they belong to or how they look.  I understand her story and wanting to have a better life but let's face it, they all want to win so they can have a better life, isn't that the reason they're all there?  

After reading your post, I couldn't help but tell you that I couldn't agree more with every word you wrote.  If I could give you 10 hearts, I would but you stilll get the one I'm allowed to give.

Our votes went to Trent from the beginning.  He's overcome having mono at the beginning and never complained about being sick, but trudged through it.  He is so deserving of the win and a very humble person.

Still the same "HisElk"; trouble logging in and lost the "old me".
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1, I agree!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Trusted Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

I really like both - but they've played and replayed LaPorsha's 'story' so much. Trent is what AI is all about, someone who had a Gd given talent and never sang -- that was Kelly Clarkson also! He's so humble and appreciative-  and I'm partial to anyone who sings 'Chandedlier'! ESPECIALLY like THAT!!!!!

Dalton almost seemed relieved to not be in the top 2! It makes me wonder if someone took him aside and talked record deals already.

I so agree with you, he definitely has God given talent since he never sang before.  IMO, that's what all these shows should be about, having people try out who don't have a background in singing but have the talent.  I think it's unfair to bring on contestants who have a musical background or sang professionally before and put them up against someone like Trent (although in Trent's case it worked out for him since he's in the top 2 where he deserves to be and deserves to win).

It's the same on The Voice.  They have contestants who have been backup singers for famous people in the music industry, which I don't think is fair to the other contestants.  

As as far as Dalton goes, I really liked and admired him but I don't think his talent could compare to LaPorsha or Trent.  I loved when he showed his emotions and then when eliminated, to see him be so overly happy for Trent, showed just what kind of person he is.  I'm sure he will get a record deal being in the top 3. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dalton has great looks, a cute personality and outstanding stage presence.  His voice is certainly good enough to become a tour attraction.  I think he will be the next Adam Lambert, who didn't win either.

Out of the two tonight, I think Trent will win, but I enjoy La Porsha's voice more.  Trent sings too high pitch for me. 

This year (unlike the last two years) had phenomenal talent in the last ten singers.  All of them are really talented and will probably make it in the music scene.  There are better labels out there than the AI winner gets.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@His Elk wrote:

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

Trent definitely gets my vote.  His range and voice are amazing.  I liked LaPorsha in the beginning but Trent has become phenomenal. I also like his demeanor and that he is so humble.  

As far as LaPorsha goes, Imo, I didn't see the need for the constant showing of the baby. The baby probably received more attention than some of the contestants and then Jennifer holding her while LaPorsha sang and then bringing her on stage.  Of course, she's proud of her and you can tell that she's a good mother and she is a little doll but I just don't think it's fair or do I think it's wise for a baby to have that much exposure.  I may be wrong, because she is talented, but her story and the baby just may play a role in voting.   I'm sorry but I also didn't like when she brought up the race card.  Why do it, there is no need for it, when she is very talented and so pretty.  I don't vote based on color or if I think a guy contestant is cute.  This is a talent competition and think people should vote for talent no matter what race they belong to or how they look.  I understand her story and wanting to have a better life but let's face it, they all want to win so they can have a better life, isn't that the reason they're all there?  

After reading your post, I couldn't help but tell you that I couldn't agree more with every word you wrote.  If I could give you 10 hearts, I would but you stilll get the one I'm allowed to give.

Our votes went to Trent from the beginning.  He's overcome having mono at the beginning and never complained about being sick, but trudged through it.  He is so deserving of the win and a very humble person.

I loved the journal he kept of all the judges comments!! Heart He'll be a star, no matter if he 'wins' or not. Look at Jennifer Hudson!

I thought it was so ironic that the Oscar ceremony (when Jennifer  won for Dream Girls) was also at the Kodak Theater- where AI has the finale!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my gosh -- who's watching?  Did you see that opening number with all the old Idol contestants?  That was such fun!  And Brian Dunkleman!  

This is going to be a great show tonight!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm watching.  I thought it was a little awkward when Brian Dunkleman came out.  I loved the opening with the old Idol contestants.  

I didn't know who a lot of the singers were that came  out after that.  I didn't know the last blonde (Pia) that sang or the red head or the first guy on the piano.  It was good to see some of the really old ones.  I always liked Justin G. and Kimberley Locke and Tamyra Gray.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack  Tamyra Gray was my FAVORITE.  Love her!  I was so happy to see her and to hear her sing Girl Crush.  She was amazing.  

I'm having so much fun watching this and seeing all of the old Idols. 

Edited to add:  there are some I don't recognize too