Honored Contributor

Just read that Bobby Bones will once again have a mentoring role on American Idol in the new season. I won't be watching anything he is on; when he "won" DWTS it confirmed to me that the show had been rigged from the start, and none of the competitors had ever had a chance to win. 
What is so special about Bobby Bones that he needs to be on both of these shows? I don't think he sings or dances well at all. Am I missing something, or does he just have a really good agent? 

Honored Contributor

ITA, he robbed several really good dancers of the win on DWTS, I had zero respect for his win. 

Trusted Contributor

@lovesrecess   My thought exactly when Hannah Brown wond DWTS. There were several others did so much better. How is it that she was both the batchalorette and won DWTS. And how is it that the person she chose to be engaged to wrote  a jingle for a dog food commercial as his best accpmplishment. She chose him over several profession type men, most noticably a pilot and a contractor. And her dancing was not that great.

Trusted Contributor

While I am not a big fan of Bobby Bones, I in no way "blame" him for winning DWTS.  He just happens to have a very very large fan base.  I agree there were better dancers but again, he had more fans and that is all DWTS is about.  He doesn't do enough on Idol to avoid watching the show because of him.

Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Bobby Bones is probably one of the reasons the judges get a say in who stays and who goes.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Bobby Bones is probably one of the reasons the judges get a say in who stays and who goes.

Yes, Bobby Bones has a huge fan base from his country music radio show.  I think the producers of DWTS were upset when they realized he could win the show.  That's the whole reason the format of the show was changed so that the judges pick between the bottom two.  I don't blame Bobby at all.  I'm sure he was as shocked as everyone else that he won.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess  What is so special about Bobby Bones is that he works really, really hard.

He won DWTS because he out worked everyone. He is well liked & he is a hard worker.

You should read his book "Bare Bones". It was very interesting. He grew up poorer than anyone I have ever known & he has done everything that he could to rise above that.

I am no big fan of Bobby Bones. I have never heard his radio show & I don't watch American Idol much.

But, I did admire how he had no natural dance ability on DWTS & he tried everything Sharna asked of him & did the best that he could.

He won. A TV dance show. Just an entertainment TV dance show.

I don't understand people getting so upset about that.

Trusted Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

Just read that Bobby Bones will once again have a mentoring role on American Idol in the new season. I won't be watching anything he is on; when he "won" DWTS it confirmed to me that the show had been rigged from the start, and none of the competitors had ever had a chance to win. 
What is so special about Bobby Bones that he needs to be on both of these shows? I don't think he sings or dances well at all. Am I missing something, or does he just have a really good agent? 

I am more concerned about Tom Bergeron being fired and replaced by Tyra Banks, I am not watching DWTS this season because Tom Bergeron is gone. I don't think Tyra is doing that great a job. They need to bring Tom back next season before they lose their entire audience.

Honored Contributor

Bobby Bones won fair and square.  He has a lot of fans.  Bachelor Joe was a terrible dancer and he overstayed his welcome, IMO.

It would be nice if Tom came back, but I doubt that will happen.  Yes, they are losing a lot of viewers because of Tyra.  I have to fast forward through all her parts.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: American Idol AND DWTS?

[ Edited ]

@Bri369 wrote:

Bobby Bones won fair and square.  He has a lot of fans.  Bachelor Joe was a terrible dancer and he overstayed his welcome, IMO.

It would be nice if Tom came back, but I doubt that will happen.  Yes, they are losing a lot of viewers because of Tyra.  I have to fast forward through all her parts.  

@Bri369 funny you mention Bachelor 'Grocery Store Joe' with Bobby Bones comments. I saw the live tour that year, usually the winner will be highlighted and dance a few of the numbers performed during the season. Bobby wasn't on the tour- Bachelor Joe was there! And he was as mediocre as he was during the season. 

I've seen probably 3 of the live shows  - this one was pretty bad. I won't go again!