Respected Contributor

Re: American Idol 2020 Season 18

@on the bay wrote:

@SWEET -

Oh thank you!

I probably got the names mixed up.

I liked the one they didn't pick better than the one who sang last night-that was Lauren then right?

Ok I liked Grace lol!

So I think I'll go back and substitute namesSmiley HappyWoman LOL

@on the bay

LOL.  I think I liked Grace also.  I had to go back and look at one of my previous posts. 

Honored Contributor

Re: American Idol 2020 Season 18 (may contain spoilers)

Did anyone else have doubts this was live?  

It was very light, bright and sunny in some of the locations and dark in others and that wouldn't have made sense.  Louisiana is actually an hour behind but yet it appeared to be pitch black outside when they were showing Jovin singing.    

The sun sets in Florida around 8:00 but yet it was super sunny and bright in a few of the Florida locations.  In particular, the very first girl that sang from outside on what looked like a patio.  You could also see the bright sunshine through some of the windows in various contestant's homes.    

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Did anyone else have doubts this was live?  

It was very light, bright and sunny in some of the locations and dark in others and that wouldn't have made sense.  Louisiana is actually an hour behind but yet it appeared to be pitch black outside when they were showing Jovin singing.    

The sun sets in Florida around 8:00 but yet it was super sunny and bright in a few of the Florida locations.  In particular, the very first girl that sang from outside on what looked like a patio.  You could also see the bright sunshine through some of the windows in various contestant's homes.    

@Lipstickdiva  the various remote performances might not have been then- but I  believe they were live at one time and the segments  compiled into one show.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure that Sunday's American Idol was live. I read the performances weren't going to be live because if there was a technical glitch with a performance it wouldn't be fair to the contestant. Seeing the promos for The Voice, it seems they are following what American Idol did. I have to wonder if they won't be live either.

Honored Contributor

american idol on tonight for two hours. it begins at 8pm et.

the top twenty will drop down to the top ten.

the judges SAVE is now set to be used as needed.

the judges give the finalists a master class on what it takes to be a superstar.

philip phillips performs.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

tonight we will be voting for the top seven after the performances.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Did I hear Ryan correctly, is the finale in two weeks? If so, didn't they condense the so called "live" shows, I thought it was longer. Seems they're rushing it when we had weeks and weeks leading up to the "lives".

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Did I hear Ryan correctly, is the finale in two weeks? If so, didn't they condense the so called "live" shows, I thought it was longer. Seems they're rushing it when we had weeks and weeks leading up to the "lives".

@Jordan2 , that's what I heard.  I even played it back to be sure I heard correctly.  I was happy with who went through for the most part.  I would have liked to have seen Franklin Boone go through though.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy w/who went through even though the ones that didn't make it I hardly remember what they sang.  I guess I have a bad memory. 

The judges praised Julia and how she was the best blah blah blah. I know it's not easy but I thought it was off.  I like Dillon.  Jonny West is started to get on my nerves.  I don't think he's that great and Margy needs to keep hogging the spotlight! 

Honored Contributor

@SWEET I agree about Margy she is annoying! I mean this is Jonny's time to shine, she had her chance. It's like they're joined at the hip, she's always there. I'll bet there's a little piece of her that thinks it should have been her.