Respected Contributor

Re: American Idol 2020 Season 18

I hope that Dillon, the guy with the cowboy hat, goes through to the top 20.  I'm happy with those picked so far!

Honored Contributor

A lot of people who can sing....not a lot of great singers. 

Honored Contributor

i think it is a strong showing for really good singers so far.....this is the beginning of the road for them.....where they can fine tune their skills and show off their growth.

i guess only one more episode before a break?

i do hope they do a show where they show all of the entire songs of the top twenty who are moving forward. maybe they can do this before they are allowed to begin filming live shows again.

what a disappointment for those that are moving forward. they may have a long wait. their big breaks are put on hold.

i think the judges did a good job picking those who are going through. i also like the girl who sang the selena song and the guy in the cowboy hat.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I agreed with most of their choices; however, was disappointed in them letting Amber go.  She was the one who gave her baby up for adoption and had red hair. 

I just really liked her voice.

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

I hope that Dillon, the guy with the cowboy hat, goes through to the top 20.  I'm happy with those picked so far!

I can't see him not moving on, the judges seemed like they were enjoying his performance. You know they purposely edited it for dramatic purposes, he may have been crying because he got through.

Honored Contributor

I didn't know they were still airing it. 

Maybe it was all pre-recorded so maybe I'll keep watching!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

it is always prerecorded until they get to the top twenty.

after the rest of the top twenty are announced on sunday, the show will have to go on hiatus. they sent all of the top twenty home due to the virus.

hopefully, the live shows will return once it is safe to be in groups again.

i would hate to think that these people wont get their chance to shine.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@on the bay 

it is always prerecorded until they get to the top twenty.

after the rest of the top twenty are announced on sunday, the show will have to go on hiatus. they sent all of the top twenty home due to the virus.

hopefully, the live shows will return once it is safe to be in groups again.

i would hate to think that these people wont get their chance to shine.

@sunshine45 I'm glad we got to see this much before they had to temporarily  halt production. 

Honored Contributor

a little twist at the end of american idol tonight.

there WILL be a show next week.....just not a live show.

another good round of performances. it must be so difficult for them to narrow it down when everyone is so good.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

a little twist at the end of american idol tonight.

there WILL be a show next week.....just not a live show.

another good round of performances. it must be so difficult for them to narrow it down when everyone is so good.

@sunshine45 

I couldn't decide either who I liked so I'm curious who will go through.  They were both good.  I agree w/the top 21 except the girl who sang Lady Marmalade.  I thought she was too screechy and not singing it.  Otherwise, I'm happy.  I love Arthur and he will make it far.  Maybe to win?