Honored Contributor

Re: American Idol 2020 Season 18 (may contain spoilers)

LOL @SWEET .....i did not even notice that trash, but i DID notice the christmas tree still up at the end of april!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@SWEET 

I think Sophie changed her name for professional reasons.  The judges suggested it (I believe) so she chose her brothers name as her "stage" name since she is very close with him.

And I so agree Margie is a mess...poor Jonny she will always want the "limelight".

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

LOL @SWEET .....i did not even notice that trash, but i DID notice the christmas tree still up at the end of april!

@sunshine45 

I did notice that Christmas tree too.  LOL

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@SWEET 

I think Sophie changed her name for professional reasons.  The judges suggested it (I believe) so she chose her brothers name as her "stage" name since she is very close with him.

And I so agree Margie is a mess...poor Jonny she will always want the "limelight".

@homedecor1 
I remember the judges telling someone to change their last name but wasn't sure if it was her.  There was another singer who's mom died and they told her that she should use hers. 
Meant to mention also that I love Louis Knight too.  Not a big fan of Jovin.  His voice just doesn't resonate with me.

Esteemed Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@SWEET 

@homedecor1 
I remember the judges telling someone to change their last name but wasn't sure if it was her.  There was another singer who's mom died and they told her that she should use hers. 
Meant to mention also that I love Louis Knight too.  Not a big fan of Jovin.  His voice just doesn't resonate with me.

As I recall that was the same girl.  She decided to change her name but go with her brother's rather than her mom's.

I have't watched but for a couple of singers.  I will watch the rest tonight but  I'm glad I read this thread first so I know to look for the trash and Christmas tree!   Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SWEET wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45 

I did notice that Christmas tree too.  LOL

I'm not saying this is the case here, but when the stay at home orders started, putting your Christmas lights back up was a "thing" - some did the entire tree.  "Injects cheer in an otherwise difficult time"

Respected Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@SWEET 

@homedecor1 

As I recall that was the same girl.  She decided to change her name but go with her brother's rather than her mom's.

I have't watched but for a couple of singers.  I will watch the rest tonight but  I'm glad I read this thread first so I know to look for the trash and Christmas tree!   Woman LOL

I thought that was Sophie. 

Honored Contributor

Re: American Idol 2020 Season 18

[ Edited ]

I liked the one, Grace? who they didn't chose when she and Lauren competed against each other.

I was disappointed they chose Lauren over Grace, and thought how could they have done that?!

Lauren seems so conscious of how she is singing if you know what I mean. And not as authentic plus Grace just has a great voice.

Lauren does too and I guess most liked her best including the judges.

I thought Aliana stood out and Julia if she was the one who played the keyboard towatds the end, very pretty, dark hair.

I liked a lot of the guys better before than when they sang tonight.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@SWEET . @sunshine45 -

I liked Lauren a lot better too!

I was disappointed they chose Grace over her, and thought how could they have done that?!

Grace seems so conscious of how she is singing if you know what I mean. And not as authentic plus Lauren just has a great voice.

@on the bay 

It was Lauren who was on last night who sang and not Grace so I guess Lauren made it.   Am I missing something?

Honored Contributor

@SWEET -

Oh thank you!

I probably got the names mixed up.

I liked the one they didn't pick better than the one who sang last night-that was Lauren then right?

Ok I liked Grace lol!

So I think I'll go back and substitute namesSmiley HappyWoman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"