Trusted Contributor

Re: American Idol 2020 Season 18

@KACEE1115 wrote:

Wish I could get into it, not crazy about the judges

@KACEE1115  That’s my issue too. We used to always watch American Idol and then later came to love The Voice. I enjoyed the talent. I had to quit watching because I couldn’t take certain judges anymore. It is way over the top. 

Honored Contributor

I will not watch with Katy Perry as a judge.  She is just obnoxious and full of herself.  

Trusted Contributor

I can't watch Katy either.  I got thru last season, but this season I had to

turn the first show off and won't bother watching anymore.

Katy seems to have a good heart and she may even be a decent judge 

if she'd change her behavior. 

Trusted Contributor

@jellyBEAN Agree agree agree.  Tried to watch again last night but the antics of the judges were ridiculous, the worst being Katy.  My problem is that I remember the original Idol which was so much better IMO, as were the judges. 

Esteemed Contributor

I stopped watching last season bcause of Katy.  She ruined it for me.  Actually, I have stopped watching any show that has loud, obnoxious judges.  They make the show about themselves and take away from the contestants.

Honored Contributor

I also tried to watch last night and couldn't watch Katy Perry at all.  The antics are horrible.  When she asked that girl if she would go outside and sing and let the crowd determine if she goes through.  I use to love watching Idol this is terrible.  I am looking forward to watching The Voice tonight.

Respected Contributor

Add me to the list of tired of the actions of the 3 judges.  It should be named "it's all about Katy".

Also, IMO, Luke seems to follow what Katy says; she seems to be the "one in charge".

The girl who begged them (seemed to have quite the attitude and thought she was so great) for a 2nd chance.  Taking her outside, I knew they would end up putting her through.  What a waste of time.

The antics of the judges are getting on my nerves, but I'll keep watching until I can't take them anymore.

Honored Contributor

i am watching it now on on demand. did not have the chance to watch it last night.

i like all of the judges.

i like it all actually.....the raw talent, the behind the scenes stories, the fun with the judges, and the opportunity it provides.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Let's put Harry Connick, Jr. back in as a judge. I also like Lionel. Luke and Katie - not so much. Haven't watched this season. Recorded, but can't get into it. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Lionel Richie is a class act, he doesn't act the clown and is the adult in the room. Luke is okay, but Katy is annoying, she makes everything about her.