Honored Contributor

Re: American Idol 2020 Season 18 (may contain spoilers)

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Just Sam made the top two, I didn't even like her making the top five! If she wins, this will be the the worst American Idol season for me and a waste of my time. 

@Jordan2 

Finally, someone who agrees with me.  She did win of course and I'm not surprised. 

I was hoping Arthur or Dillon would win.

Arthur was robbed! He is more of a well rounded musician, he plays an instrument, I think he has written songs, and he takes a song you know, twists it inside out, and makes it totally his own. Winning AI never guaranteed anyone a successful music career, hopefully the other four will find their path to success. I'm coming back here for something I wanted to add. Why did Just Sam get to sing an extra song with Lauren Daigle when the other four didn't get the same chance to sing with a celeb?

@Jordan2 it was such a lackluster finale, I didn't even notice only Just Sam got to sing with a celeb! Since voting was 'live', that defintiely put her at an [unfair] advantage. Woman Frustrated

@Ibby114 actually she didn't benefit with the extra song, voting was closed by the time she sang again. I think it's odd that she was given an opportunity the other four weren't.

Respected Contributor

I'm totally disgusted with this season except for Arthur Gunn & Dillon that I don't know if I want to watch next season. 

Katy wasn't as silly except for the remote from home with her stupid costumes and that daisy dress was a tent that women would wear in the 50s 60s to HIDE their pregnancy.  Not sure why she doesn't want to show it.

I deleted the finale from my DVR since now I have no desire to watch the rest of it.  I saw We Are The World video and it was well done.

Esteemed Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

I'm totally disgusted with this season except for Arthur Gunn & Dillon that I don't know if I want to watch next season. 

Katy wasn't as silly except for the remote from home with her stupid costumes and that daisy dress was a tent that women would wear in the 50s 60s to HIDE their pregnancy.  Not sure why she doesn't want to show it.

I deleted the finale from my DVR since now I have no desire to watch the rest of it.  I saw We Are The World video and it was well done.

@SWEET  I thought Katy's dress was great for her pregnancy- it didn't hide anything imo. But the dress was also to promote her new song 'Daises'. That might be the album name, too.

Honored Contributor

I get emails from the Today Show. One of the stories today was about Ryan Seacrest. Seeing the clip I did notice he slurred some of his words and his right eye was kind of half closed, like it was swollen or drooping.

Contributor

Oh yeah! No other great singer this season but Sam.

Sam who?

Just Sam!

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I get emails from the Today Show. One of the stories today was about Ryan Seacrest. Seeing the clip I did notice he slurred some of his words and his right eye was kind of half closed, like it was swollen or drooping.

@Jordan2

I heard he is fine and he didn't have a stroke and the reason he wasn't on his show is because he needed a day off. 

Respected Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Yes loved the part with the "Garbage man."  Glad to see he is doing so well and love his new teeth,

Trusted Contributor

I forgot to say,  I loved "We are the World AI"  I loved seeing the prior winners and it made me cry.  Lionel doesn't age,

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@TurnerGal wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I was reading something online from New York Daily News. Fans were worried about Ryan, they were concerned he was slurring his words or experiencing an issue with one of his eyes (I didn't notice this). His reps told People he is fine, he is doing Live With Kelly and Ryan, On Air with Ryan Seacrest, Disney Family Singalong, and American Idol. Ryan has always said he likes to work, maybe he is spreading himself too thin, he doesn't have to say yes to everything. I rarely watch Kelly and Ryan, the article said he was off today.

I noticed this when I was watching,  he looked like he was having a hard time focusing -- it appeared like he was on something.  I wouldn't mind if he wasn't on next time. I don't really think he adds anything to the show and he is paid a lot of money.

@TurnerGal I thought Ryan was 'off' - I figured  trying to keep everything together during the pandemic was getting to him. The facade can only last so long!

@Ibby114 

I thought he was stunned by who the top two were!  Dillon and Johnny were SUPPOSED TO WIN!