Respected Contributor

Re: American Idol 2020 Season 18 (may contain spoilers)

@Jordan2 wrote:

@SWEET I agree about Margy she is annoying! I mean this is Jonny's time to shine, she had her chance. It's like they're joined at the hip, she's always there. I'll bet there's a little piece of her that thinks it should have been her.

@Jordan2 

Exactly.  I'm sure she's jealous in her own way and you put it perfectly that there's a little piece of her that thinks it should have been her.

You should see the comments on the AI FB page re her.  I didn't read all of the comments obviously but there were a few Margy fans but not many.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Hey Katy, it's enough with the costumes already! Is she so vain that she wears these costumes so we won't see her with a big belly? Also her dog Nugget is adorable, I love dogs but it's enough with the dog too. She's going to find out a baby is on a different level than Nugget. 

Respected Contributor

I watched the first 3 finalists (stopped at Jonny's) last pm and then DVR'ed the rest of it.  I was looking for Margy. Was she there? 

I don't know if I want to watch the rest of it since I'm not a big Disney fan and have a good idea of who will go through. 

Respected Contributor

I was content seeing most of them go through to the final 7.  However, I just can't get into Julie Gargano, Arthur Gunn, nor Francisco Martin.

So I'm happy for the other 4 that went through.  Jonny's song was very moving to me; he's a good writer IMO.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

I watched the first 3 finalists (stopped at Jonny's) last pm and then DVR'ed the rest of it.  I was looking for Margy. Was she there? 

I don't know if I want to watch the rest of it since I'm not a big Disney fan and have a good idea of who will go through. 

@SWEET Jonny went home to his parent's house to be with his mom for Mother's Day ( maybe he left Margy behind). I wouldn't be surprised if he gets famous, he drops Margy ( she seems clingy).

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@SWEET Jonny went home to his parent's house to be with his mom for Mother's Day ( maybe he left Margy behind). I wouldn't be surprised if he gets famous, he drops Margy ( she seems clingy).

@Jordan2

Thanks for letting me know re "clingy Margy."  LOL.  She's always stealing his spotlight.  I was never a fan of hers even in the previous season. 

Honored Contributor

i think that this is a powerful top seven and probably some of the best singers we have seen in quite a while.......i enjoyed the disney songs in particular.

the men are strong this season and so is just sam.

here are the performances in case you missed them.

my favorite was arthur gunn on "kiss the girl."

https://tvline.com/2020/05/10/american-idol-recap-season-18-top-7-disney-performances-video/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 my favorites are Francisco Martin and Arthur Gunn. I liked Louis at the beginning, but I don't think he's that great now. 

Valued Contributor

I like the country guy - Can't think of his name now!

I love Disney but the songbook is rather boring on Idol to me. 

At least it's new to watch!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@Fifi1 -

I like him too! Dillon? The young guy who overcame addiction?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"