Honored Contributor

American Idol 2020 Season 18 (may contain spoilers)

[ Edited ]

eighteenth season and premiered on February 16, 2020.....i was out last night so missed the premiere. i am currently watching it on on demand so that i dont get behind.

who is around for season 18? as always, looks like some strong talent this season already!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: American Idol 2020 Season 18

I watched some of it last night. I didn't mean to, but then I get started & I can't turn it off!

It amazes me how much talent is out there, but the Russian stripper girl was just wild. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Haven't watched in a long time but I too got sucked in.  Get tired of all the back stories but going to give it a couple of weeks.  They really have discovered some great stars over the years, my favorites are Kelly and Carrie so hope they find a gem this year.  

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

I watched some of it last night. I didn't mean to, but then I get started & I can't turn it off!

It amazes me how much talent is out there, but the Russian stripper girl was just wild. LOL

@Dusty1 

JUST finished watching her.....she was bizarre!

i cannot believe they asked her to sing another song and she instead went into a comedy act.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

So far I like Arthur (I think he's the guy from Nepal)? 

The garbageman (sorry, don't know his name yet) was good too.

As for the stripper, what a trip.  The guy who tried out last year was sure c**ky to me.  He needs to be more humble.  He  was cute though and he knows it.

The first act (the 16 year old girl) should have not gone through in my opinion.  She was totally off.

I like Luke and Lionel but Katy has to calm down. Last year she was just too silly for me.  It's only the first show so I'll see what happens.

Esteemed Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

So far I like Arthur (I think he's the guy from Nepal)? 

The garbageman (sorry, don't know his name yet) was good too.

As for the stripper, what a trip.  The guy who tried out last year was sure c**ky to me.  He needs to be more humble.  He  was cute though and he knows it.

The first act (the 16 year old girl) should have not gone through in my opinion.  She was totally off.

I like Luke and Lionel but Katy has to calm down. Last year she was just too silly for me.  It's only the first show so I'll see what happens.

@SWEET  I also liked the guy from Nepal amd the garbageman! 

I hope the guy from last year (with the blue eyes) doesn't make it far- he can sing and all but  needs a serious wake up call! Kudos to  Lionel for trying during his audition.

It's crazy how much raw  talent is out there!

Trusted Contributor

I'll start watching once they get through all the auditions. For some reason, I just don't like that part but enjoy it once they get down to the top 10 or 12.

Valued Contributor

Wish I could get into it, not crazy about the judges

Honored Contributor

I watched the show last night. I think the judges made an error by not putting through Curt the guy at the end that auditioned with his wife ( she made it through). He sang better than the girl the judges let sing on the street, I thought she wasn't very good. As much as Curt loves his wife Hannah, I think it is only human nature to be a little jealous, why her and not me. I hope this doesn't cause a rift in their relationship.

Respected Contributor

I tried to watch last night on 2/23.  A lot of them sound the same to me, sing the same type of slow sad ballads, the only guy that stood out for me was the fellow from Louisiana who sang 'Tied to the Whipping Post'.  He sounded older beyond his years.

I can't stand these judges though.  Luke Bryan (sp?) is just as bad as Katy Perry - Lionel is OK compared to the other two, but not really liking him much either.  These judges make it too much about themselves.  Can't seem to get enough attention. 

I only watched cause nothing else on Sunday night.  Woman Frustrated

Flowers are nature's way of laughing