Honored Contributor

Re: American Horror The Hotel

I liked the first 3 seasons of American Horror Story but after that I didn't care much for it. I didn't even watch last season. I thought it was the worst so far. I really like Kathy Bates. She is a great actress. Jessica Lange too. I can only imagine what this season is going to be like. It's called Cult and starts in Sept.

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

We watched the first episode and it was sickening.  A few more minutes for the second one and decided to give up.

Kathy Bates is my all time favorite actress so I am dissappointed.  Guess I'll have to enjoy her in something else.

Boundries were pushed in other seasons but this is too much.

The same thing happened with "The Walking Dead."  

@Jackhound Mom  I have to agree about Hotel but we are Walking Dead Fans. 

Murder House and Asylum were ok.

Couldn't get into Coven.  Boring.

Roanoke was ok but never finished watching.

Freak Show-only caught bits and pieces in re-runs late at night.  Meh..

So as far as Cult-we'll have to see. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Hi Cakers,

We also were hooked on Walking Dead until Neegan used Lucelle.  I thought that was way too grizzly for prime time!  

Thanks for your thoughts and I'll see you around the boards.

Cathy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

Hi Cakers,

We also were hooked on Walking Dead until Neegan used Lucelle.  I thought that was way too grizzly for prime time!  

Thanks for your thoughts and I'll see you around the boards.

Cathy

@Jackhound Mom  Hi-yes, the killings of Abraham and Glenn were shocking.  I felt that they were overdone.  Fans know how evil Negan is-I guess especially the killing of Glenn was made to really hit the fans since he was so popular. Abraham I could do without.

The early zombie scenes were more graphic but have since tones donw.  After all, we know what they do since the 1st season.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was a fan of TWD until Lucille came around. It just became too much and pushed me me over the edge so now I don't even care to see any more episodes of the show. It was a great show, while it lasted for me anyway.

I find it interesting that both of these names "Lucille" and "Lucifer" mean the same thing.

Respected Contributor

I watched part of the first episode, & it was disgusting. Some call it "art". I call it dark & satanic....make no mistake- that's exactly what it is. 

Can you imagine the number of children with TV's in their bedrooms who saw that? It's SICK, & it's breaking down our society. Many parents don't monitor TV & kids. 

I also watched part of one carny episode...again...SICK & TWISTED! Total satanic garbage.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I was a fan of TWD until Lucille came around. It just became too much and pushed me me over the edge so now I don't even care to see any more episodes of the show. It was a great show, while it lasted for me anyway.

I find it interesting that both of these names "Lucille" and "Lucifer" mean the same thing.

I totally agree with you. Even when Lucille was used, they didn't need to SHOW the action. I turned it off after that, & never went back.

Yes, Lucifer is out in the open at this point, & people don't even notice. They're completely asleep, & I don't think they're capable of waking up. Most Americans truly are The Walking Dead. 

Honored Contributor

This show always pushes boundaries/borders. They obviously have an agenda. I thought the Hotel season was one of the most disgusting. 

Honored Contributor

This is the only season my husband and I didn't watch.  We were watching the first episode....our teen son came in the room and we turned it off.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

FYI, the lead actress/singer "G" is a satanic worshipper, just so you know. Her good friend/artist (NOT artist!!!!), performs rituals for very high profile people. I won't say here what she uses- very sick puppy. 

I'm just letting you know- that's what all the AH series are about.