Honored Contributor

😱 American Horror Story 1984 😲

Did anybody watch the premier?  Well I did.  This season looks like a keeper if you like "gore."

#Mr Jingles

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 😱 American Horror Story 1984 😲

Thanks for the reminder; DVR doesn’t automatically record as the name changes each season. Just set it and will catch up this weekend.
Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac Just checked my DVR. I recorded it. Hope to watch it tomorrow. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I watched it. To me it has the flavor of Friday the 13th at Camp Crystal Lake...like totally 80s vibe. Mr. Jingles is like Jason.

Honored Contributor

Undecided after the first episode. Pretty heavy-handed on the movie references - Halloween, Friday the 13th, even Carrie. LOL. Of course that’s the point but I need to see more before I say thumbs up or down. Several seasons I’ve loved and others were a total miss.
Valued Contributor

I realize it is supposed to be an homage to the slasher films of the 1980’s, but the plot is so similar to a series called “Dead of Summer” that appeared for one season on FreeForm three years ago. In that series, murders occur at a summer camp in the 1970’s and one of the campers who survives decides to reopen the camp in the 1980’s. The new camp counselors arrive and people start getting killed. There’s even a subplot involving a satanist stalking one of the counselors. I was kind of put off at how similar the plots are, and many viewers saw what I saw and were tweeting how it was a ripoff. 

Honored Contributor

All.....

It looks to me that the writers are paying homage to the 70's & 80's slasher-summer camp movies.  Knowing AHS, there will be a few twists.

I have to find my DVD of the original Texas Chain Massacre movie. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

Did anybody watch the premier?  Well I did.  This season looks like a keeper if you like "gore."

#Mr Jingles

I did.  It was intense and I immediately thought of Friday the 13th and also the beginning to the first Halloween movie.  I  gave it a thumbs up.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw it and I liked it! I enjoy scary movies especially around Halloween, so this fits right in for me!! I’m also anxious to see Stephen Kings new IT movie in theatres! 

Honored Contributor

I have always been a horror and Sci Fi fan since I was a young girl.  My sister and I have watched it all.  However, we are more into ghost stories , not gore and violence. We try to avoid those type horror movies.

With that being said, I have watched American Horror since the beginning and in fact that was my favorite season so far.  I also miss Jessica Lange, love her acting and characters.  I will watch this season and close my eyes at the appropriate times!!!!  It can be done.