Esteemed Contributor

Wow, that was a lot of information!!  What are your thoughts??

I think Madeline wanted her husband killed and that is who that man was.  Someone gave the alarm code to the intruder.  Madeline's lover???  Was he the accomplice that night??  I think there are two murder cases, the real SBK and Madeline's copy cat murders that she hopes are blamed on the SBK.

Madeline's boyfriend and mother made short appearances, they may be involved further.

Honored Contributor

Re: American Gothic August 31

@colliegirls

Cant look yet!!! We are going to watch our DVRd one tonight!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@colliegirls

Cant look yet!!! We are going to watch our DVRd one tonight!

OK, let me know your thoughts after you watch it!!!

Valued Contributor

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh, can't watch until later this weekend. Squeeeeeeeel.

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking the grandmother will be involved.  After all, her uppity daughter has paid her to stay out of their lives.  Also, I noticed the name of the season finale is Whistler's Mother, which could be a hint as to who the current SBK is.

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls I've never been as good as some of you on trying to guess ahead that's why I like coming here to you guys.

I do agree that her Mother knows more things.  I have to wonder if she killed her father and her mother knows that and that's why she wants her to stay away.  Maybe he was abusing her and she doesn't want the other to let it out.

I have to wonder if it was named that is because of the younger mother.

Your theory is right (I think though) about her messing around and maybe wanting him to die.  You don't just turn into a murder overnight (Hey!  I watch Criminal Minds)..Ha!  She sure did seem to love choking him, didn't she?  No hesitation there!

I think most of us never thought the oldest son did it because they TRIED to make him seem too guilty from the beginning, too obvious, right?

I thought that was lame that they had that young girl push him down the stairs.  Most kids would run away not push the burglar down the stairs (afraid or not)...lame!

What a messed up family!  Every family has a few nut jobs this one seemed to get more than their fair share.

Any other ideas?

Honored Contributor

That mother is some piece of work! Now we know why she murdered her husband!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2

Oh I so agree! That mom is a piece of work!

I will put some other thoughts under the spoiler alert banner:

Spoiler
Ok the mom and dad killed the accountant (Morales) in order to keep him from reporting their mis-use of company funds. Right?
Then, they hauled poor Garrett (oldest son) in on the deed by having him actually kill the guy on the stairs( the real silver bells killer)
Who did Garrett bury out in the field?
Garrett was grinding up bones... why?
So the mom and dad then felt they had to go around killing people so the authorities would not find out that the SBK was dead?
Am I dense? I am missing something here.
ITA @Annabellethecat66 there are a great many people in this family who have mental issues!

Wanting to wish everyone a nice weekend!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

FINALE TONIGHT!!!  I cannot wait!