Honored Contributor

Re: American Bandstand secret

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@JaneMarple Kitty Galore wrote:

you ask easier for who?  Well I feel it was for me,  we didn't have all these issues and problems ,  life was simple no cell phones, computers, terrorism etc.  kids could stay out past dark and play in the neighborhoods without the fear of abduction or worse.  People actually talked and didn't just text each other,  society has lost the social skills.  Maybe it's because I grew up in a small town and it was safe and everyone knew everyone I don't know ,  but I sometimes long for those old days and the simpler times.   I do realize that maybe it wasn't as good for every young person ,  but compared to now Imo I'm glad I was young then.  

@Kitty Galore you were very fortunate to have lived in a small town but many of the problems we have today DID exist back then too but wasn't known to everyone!

Terrorism, bigotry, heroin, unwed mothers, juvenile problems, social diseases, alcoholism, war, protests, riots, crime, corruption etc. All of the above existed back then too.

@JaneMarple. I can certainly agree with pretty much all you wrote except terrorism,  at least it in our country.  It did happen in other countries such as Germany or Isarel for example ?  But the US was safe ,  not anymore terrorism is in every state now .  Do not wan to be political, but didn't have  to be.    Yes, I was fortunate  to live in a small town growing up  and I hsve always been thankful for that.  Wish all children could have that.

@Yes we did have terrorism @Kitty Galore but it was disguised under laws, Jim Crow laws to be exact! It wasn't pleasant for those who suffered under this home grown terrorism! Church bombing in Birmingham for instance.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@mollybgood wrote:

Apparently many of the young people on the show were gay.   Clark knew and was afraid if the viewers knew they would change the dial.  Arlene (the Arlene & Kenny couple) is gay, for instance. Justine and Bob were my favorite couple.

To me discussing sectual orientation on this forum is unacceptable. What is the OP intention here?

Esteemed Contributor

A person's sexual (it's okay to say the word) orintation doesn't matter to me.

It's the content of character that I go by.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's political.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because its argumentative.

Trusted Contributor

What I like about the old days was my grandparents I only had two were alive my mom was alive as she died in 1998 at 57 and I was 42 and there was PEACE, unlocked doors, no diseases like today.........food was better, had more friends like was fun...........it was just easy and music was great.............and it is great now also but I love the 60's and 70's........MOTOWN...........just life was easy no cell phones but phone booths............just so much better than toady I think in many ways.

Honored Contributor

People are remembering a past that didn't exist. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mollymaggie wrote:

You think that is bad Im not proud to tell you that our St Patricks day parade wouldnt let gay veterens march until the pressure got so bad that people refused to participate  I meant to say I live in the Boston area Just when you think we are getting somewhere  I wont be going this year

That's hideous.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

The same things going on now happened back then. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

...because they had blinders on......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein