Super Contributor

American Bandstand secret

[ Edited ]

Apparently many of the young people on the show were gay.   Clark knew and was afraid if the viewers knew they would change the dial.  Arlene (the Arlene & Kenny couple) is gay, for instance. Justine and Bob were my favorite couple.

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Honored Contributor

Re: American Bandstand secret

It is so sad that people had to hide what they are, even sadder that there are some people today who want to go back to that time.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

OP: Wondering what your source is for this info? I'm 69 and used to watch it now and then but those kids were a lot older than I was.

Super Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

OP: Wondering what your source is for this info? I'm 69 and used to watch it now and then but those kids were a lot older than I was.

@Love my grandkids

A guy who was connected with the show is publishing a book.

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Respected Contributor

@mollybgood wrote:

Apparently many of the young people on the show were gay.   Clark knew and was afraid if the viewers knew they would change the dial.  Arlene (the Arlene & Kenny couple) is gay, for instance. Justine and Bob were my favorite couple.

It was in the Daily Mail, if you can believe them. 

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

It is so sad that people had to hide what they are, even sadder that there are some people today who want to go back to that time.

Who would those people be Kitty? 

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

It was in the Daily Mail, if you can believe them. 

Also the NY Post.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

there are often a number of people that say they prefer "the old days" because times were much "simpler" back then.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Who would those people be Kitty? 

Are you serious ??

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

there are often a number of people that say they prefer "the old days" because times were much "simpler" back then.

I always want to ask them simpler for who ?

Daniel Patrick Moynihan