Honored Contributor

I felt bad for the young girl who sang, she was starting to cry. Sometimes I think children shouldn’t be in a competition such as this. It is up to the parents to prepare their child, let them know they may get negative comments and might not move on. Just let the child know you are proud of them and they did their best.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Nick and Lindsay are a trainwreck. They took a spot that should have gone to a more deserving act.

I agree about them being a train wreck (from the beginning), but they didn't 'take' a spot. The judges gave it to them.  In fact, I think they made several judging mistakes this season.  I don't remember at what point in the show, but Simon as much as admitted it tonight.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Valued Contributor

knife thrower  and mentalist just awful.the first little child really sang good.

this was a very boring bunch and a boring season....

Respected Contributor

I think there were just way too many kids last night.  Kids in dance troupes, kids singing and I agree they are all talented but there were just too many of them.

A couple of seasons ago the only kid I can recall really routing for to win was the girl who was a ventriloquist and who could sing at the same.  I was so glad she won.  But other than that all these singers and dancers doing flips and stuff is not my cup of tea.

I'm routing for the 3 brothers who do the strength act.  I also think the comedian w/the arm handicap is kind of funny.  I also like the tall black fellow from Louisiana - he is the real deal. 

That couple who did the mind game act really blew it.  There was a couple who did a similar act a couple of seasons ago and they were real pros compared to these two.  I agree its been a disappointing season but I'll watch til the end.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

knife thrower  and mentalist just awful.the first little child really sang good.

I got the impression that the female mentalist got the flavors wrong, the bubblegum and citrus that Gabrielle and Julianne tasted. They had looks on their faces like it wasn’t correct but they didn’t say anything.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@heart of savino wrote:

I got the impression that the female mentalist got the flavors wrong, the bubblegum and citrus that Gabrielle and Julianne tasted. They had looks on their faces like it wasn’t correct but they didn’t say anything.

Yes.  I noticed Gabrielle did not confirm that she had bubblegum candy, and saw that Simon slid behind Julianne's chair (when they moved onto her) and seemed to question or comment to Gabrielle.  I watched it twice. And it was verified last night.

And it took four guesses for Julianne - menthol, citrus, lemon, orange.

Also, it seemed Howie chose the only "crunchy" treat (cannoli) on the table - the rest appeared to be cupcakes, doughnuts, eclairs, licorice, etc.  And as for Simon...evidently "angel's delight" is a packaged dessert in Great Britian.  Not a stretch to guess that.

OK, question:  Am I wrong in thinking the three acts for the "Dunkin' Save" are the three acts receiving the least votes??  If so, I'm surprised to see Chris Klafford and Ndlovu Youth Choir there.

Denise
Respected Contributor

Only have been watching the results shows for 2 wks now.  Sometimes I just like the summarization.

Good choices this week once again.  Glad the youth  choir went through and not Charlotte.  I just didn't like her voice.   I'm getting tired of these young girls on there.  Need to weed them out for better talent.

I can't believe that Chris (my favorite) was in the bottom 3. Thank goodness he went through. 

The only act I don't like in next weeks show so far is Gonzo.  He should be Gonzo, hopefully.  I'm sure there are some others but don't remember which ones they may be.

Susan Boyle is so pretty and her voice gives me the chills.

Honored Contributor
  • Gabrielle said what I thought, the woman mentalist got the flavor of the candy wrong, it wasn't bubblegum!
Respected Contributor

I believe the Dunkin Save goes to the contestant's that placed 6th, 7th and 8th in the home voting competition. 

The first 5 to go through have clearly made it through, but they pick 7 contestants out of the 12 that performed, leaving room for 2 dunkin save contestants.  Seems the one that gets the most votes from the save goes through, and then the other one is chosen by the judges.  So they have a total of 7 to go thru.

I think thats how it works.  But they are not the lowest voted contestants.  The lowest voted contestants get das boot!!!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

We watch it on the DVR so we can FF or rewind in the event we miss something.

When they brought out the 3 contestants and each of the judges spoke, Simon was talking to the young girl (Charlotte?).  As he was finishing up with her and moving on, I could swear I saw her kind of do a funny thing with her eyes (not an eyeroll), but it was almost like she didn't like what he was doing.

I also noticed that when the announced the singing group went through, she couldn't get off of the stage fast enough.  Most times, the one who leaves at least goes over and congratulates them.  She's young and yes, I'm sure she was upset; however, she needs to start to learn how to be more gracious in when you lose IMO.