Valued Contributor

Anyone watching? I think sometimes we are getting too politicallly correct. They did put through the dancer who had been bullied due to her weight but I didn't think she danced all that well. I think Heidi back again and Sophia are great judges. Much better than last year's judges and all the drama from last year.

Super Contributor

I agree.  She wasn't a million dollar act.  They need to stop the sob stories.  Everyone should be judged on their talent

Honored Contributor

She may have been a good dancer but did not appear great and surely not a Vegas act.  I do think her choices of music and costume? were poor for this venue and might have worked in a team setting.  A solo dance is hard to pull off and anyone doing that exact routine solo would not be great.

Esteemed Contributor

I stopped watching this show for the reasons you all stated. I used to enjoy when they were more honest. 

Respected Contributor

Re: America's Got Talent

[ Edited ]

I agree - I was prepared to root for Amanda in spite of her outlandish costume.  However, just didn't enjoy the performance no matter WHO did it.

Was also prepared to like the Barbershop Quartet and the magician/comedian duo, but both were lame.

AMAZED by the opening contortionist.  Also singer Christina Rae earned & deserved her golden buzzer by Heidi. 

While others were very good, they'll have to step it up to be winners.

Denise
Honored Contributor

I am thrilled that Heidi is back!!!  And Sophia is really funny and sweet.  I agree that some people seem to be put through when they shouldn't and others should be put through and aren't.  I also don't think they should keep putting the sob stories on all the time.  I feel for people and what they go through, but this should not be a determining factor on who goes through or not.  And all the tears get old.  I am a sympathetic person and I always cry when someone else does, but I really get tired of it all.  Just get on the stage, do your best and then be judged on your talent and your performance.  It should not be judged on who has the saddest story.    

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: America's Got Talent

[ Edited ]

That wasn't dancing, that was nothing but gyrations. I hate the sob stories. Just do your talent and move on. If she hadn't had the story they knew she wouldn't move on. She'll be out next round for sure. I do think the judges make a great team.

Trusted Contributor

I stopped watching years ago because the back stories.  I think a whole lot of people would NOT be put through if there was no story and they just auditioned.  Put them through on talent alone not because you feel sorry for them.

Honored Contributor

The judges are so phony. Howie is the worst, acting so surprised and shocked at things. 

What I've seen this year, the talent just isn't there like some other years, and the 'stupid' acts (the ones so bad they get x'd by several) they let through are just stupid and don't add to the show. 

Has anyone heard how they are going to move on if there is still social distancing? I can't imagine this can be done remote from home like The Voice or Idol was.

Trusted Contributor

I also didn't think the heavier girl was a great dancer.  The producers should not have put her up there.  If she was a regular weight,  she would not have made it through because her dancing abilty was not excellent.  However,  the producers put her through with her story and I don't think Heidi should have buzzed her.  She could have said she didn't think she was ready,  but I think buzzing her was cruel.  Howie using the excuse that she couldn't win $1M was a poor excuse,  about 95% of the acts this year are not great.  I have kind of tired of this show.  Sophia is very kind,