Respected Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

We watch it on the DVR so we can FF or rewind in the event we miss something.

When they brought out the 3 contestants and each of the judges spoke, Simon was talking to the young girl (Charlotte?).  As he was finishing up with her and moving on, I could swear I saw her kind of do a funny thing with her eyes (not an eyeroll), but it was almost like she didn't like what he was doing.

I also noticed that when the announced the singing group went through, she couldn't get off of the stage fast enough.  Most times, the one who leaves at least goes over and congratulates them.  She's young and yes, I'm sure she was upset; however, she needs to start to learn how to be more gracious in when you lose IMO.

I've been noticing that they put the cameras on the judges faces when they announce who's going through and someone of them either sort of do some kind of eyeroll or look at the other judges or some kind of expression that you can tell they aren't happy with the results. 

I agree with you that Charlotte wasn't gracious in congratulating the other winner.  It's the least she could have done.  All the others seem to be nice about it.

Respected Contributor

Re: America's Got Talent

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1 wrote:

When they brought out the 3 contestants and each of the judges spoke, Simon was talking to the young girl (Charlotte?).  As he was finishing up with her and moving on, I could swear I saw her kind of do a funny thing with her eyes (not an eyeroll), but it was almost like she didn't like what he was doing.

I also noticed that when the announced the singing group went through, she couldn't get off of the stage fast enough.  Most times, the one who leaves at least goes over and congratulates them.  She's young and yes, I'm sure she was upset; however, she needs to start to learn how to be more gracious in when you lose IMO.

I also noticed Charlotte ran off without congratulating the two winners.

HOWEVER, I dislike when they come down to the final three Dunkin' Saves and announce two will go through.  It may be a little less painful for two to go home instead of one, especially if it includes a child.  JMHO

Denise
Respected Contributor

Was Susan Boyle a little off key in several places during her performance or am I just losing my hearing abilities?  Smiley Happy  I love her voice but I thought maybe she just had an off night.

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

Was Susan Boyle a little off key in several places during her performance or am I just losing my hearing abilities?  Smiley Happy  I love her voice but I thought maybe she just had an off night.

@santorini  Yes I also didn’t think she was very good last week.

Esteemed Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

I've been noticing that they put the cameras on the judges faces when they announce who's going through and someone of them either sort of do some kind of eyeroll or look at the other judges or some kind of expression that you can tell they aren't happy with the results. 

I agree with you that Charlotte wasn't gracious in congratulating the other winner.  It's the least she could have done.  All the others seem to be nice about it.

I think her parents had her convinced that she was going to win the whole thing, so when she was elemenated, she was shocked and in tears.

Parents of these child contestants should tell them that they will always love them and be proud of them no matter what, but that there is a chance that they might not make it to the next round.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Episode on 8/27 I thought was the most boring one I've seen yet.

I got out my laptop and was surfing around on that while the program was on.

The magician who did the audience involvement with the big screen photos - did anyone else follow along with it?  Did I do something wrong?  My pick did not turn out to be Tapeface.  And on the last 'move' - I couldn't, because there was no male photo I could go to.  When he began the trick, I thought he said hold your arm out and then point at one of the photos on the screen which I did - (Tapeface).  And then I followed along according to the instructions and on the last command, there was no where I could go.  So I was confused.  And then Tapeface turns out to be where everyone else wound up. 

?????

Also the magician who did the chocolate candy trick with Julianne and the Rubik's cubes, it was very intriguing, but he doesn't seem to have the mystique Shin Lim (sp?) has.  As much as I njoy the magicians, I'd like a different type of talent to win.  Anyway, I thought the show was a bore.  What did others think?

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Valued Contributor

The show was a BORING.how bad is this season when i thought the little girl opera singer was amazing and I liked GONZO.

Has to be the worst season yet nobody has wowed me......

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@jellyBEAN 

@jellyBEAN wrote:

The magician who did the audience involvement with the big screen photos - did anyone else follow along with it?  Did I do something wrong?  My pick did not turn out to be Tapeface.  And on the last 'move' - I couldn't, because there was no male photo I could go to.  When he began the trick, I thought he said hold your arm out and then point at one of the photos on the screen which I did - (Tapeface).  And then I followed along according to the instructions and on the last command, there was no where I could go.  So I was confused.  And then Tapeface turns out to be where everyone else wound up. 

?????

Also the magician who did the chocolate candy trick with Julianne and the Rubik's cubes, it was very intriguing, but he doesn't seem to have the mystique Shin Lim (sp?) has.  As much as I njoy the magicians, I'd like a different type of talent to win.  Anyway, I thought the show was a bore.  What did others think?

I followed along at home and was wowed, I came out with tape face.  Couldn,t believe.  I found that young man much more interesting than the other one with the tunic cube candy.  That was boring.

I did not think the lady comedian was funny at all, but I'm from a different era of comedians

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glad Gonzo is gonzo.  LOL.

Why did they put Jackie Fabulous through?  She was awful Tuesday night. I think they only put her through because they need a comedian even though Eric (?) is still there and much more funnier than she is.  I know Lukas and Falco weren't the most original but they were at least entertaining.  Marcin was good but not good enough for me for the next round.

Every time I would watch Eric Chien I would fall asleep and I had no desire to watch him so wouldn't rewind.  Does he do anything besides magic with M&Ms? 

Don't get Berywam at all and not sure why they were put through.  Just not for me but they are different.

Mackenzie was good but he didn't do as well this week as in previous weeks but glad that Benecio went through.

I had to turn my volume wayyyyyyyyyy down for Emanne. She has quite a voice. 

I liked Matthew but not enough and Simon didn't like him or a few others last night.

Gabrielle Union and Julianne Hough are both starting to get on my nerves.  They both love every single act and say I love you all the time.  Let's not get personal here.

I'm hoping they will be replaced next year. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvcaddition wrote:

@jellyBEAN 

@jellyBEAN wrote:

?????

I followed along at home and was wowed, I came out with tape face.  Couldn,t believe.  I found that young man much more interesting than the other one with the tunic cube candy.  That was boring.

I did not think the lady comedian was funny at all, but I'm from a different era of comedians

I wasn't wowed by the magician who did the picture trick.

I even know how he did it.

Spoiler
It is nothing more than just a mathamatical equation. The equation is that no matter who you start with, no matter how you move, in X number of moves, everybody ends up in the same spot. That's how it's done. David Copperfield did the same "trick" on a televised special back in the early 1990's. He had the at home audience pick a square out of a board of 16 squares. Same thing as this dude. Move X number of spaces up. Move X number of spaces down. Move X number of spaces left, etc. Stop. You are on square #12. So this guys trick was hardly origional.
The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.