Honored Contributor

I'm watching the show, I don't like Julianne's hair it looks like a poodle is sitting on top of her head!

Respected Contributor

I'm watching.  The talent is just not as good or interesting as its been the last season or more.  Most of the acts I like got thru.  I don't think those young girls - as cute as they are - should go thru.  And we didn't even get to see a lot of the acts tonight.  They just sort of breezed thru them.  And once again, some I don't recall ever seeing to begin with.

Also the act that got the golden buzzer from the guest judge - sure they are good and have a sorrowful background story - but they don't compare to the dance troupe of last season that had those amazing props that they leaped around with such gracefulness - forget their name.  I don't know, it's sort of been a let-down this season. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Valued Contributor

this years acts are terrible nothing wow as of yet.cant beleive they took the little girl group.really a million dollar act.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Some of the talent this season is just not that great IMO.  I'm not saying they aren't good, but just not a million dollar act.

Not recalling names, I don't agree with the judges chosen ones from last night.  The "little girl" act should have not gone through IMO.  The 3 guys with the one being very tall is another one I could do without and the couple with the man/woman who did that great acrobatic stuff should've gone through IMO.  (the guy who laid backwards and lifted himself up with her hands balancing her body on his).

I was glad to see the magician go through, but he's going to have to step up his show in order to stay.  And I did enjoy the guy who is the comedienne with the arm problem along with the guy who did the scene with JFK and the moon landing. 

How that woman with her 2 back up singers got throught the first time is beyond me.

The blind singer is good, but I tire of having too many singers.

Julianne's wig, IMO, was not a great look for her.

Respected Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

Some of the talent this season is just not that great IMO.  I'm not saying they aren't good, but just not a million dollar act.

Not recalling names, I don't agree with the judges chosen ones from last night.  The "little girl" act should have not gone through IMO.  The 3 guys with the one being very tall is another one I could do without and the couple with the man/woman who did that great acrobatic stuff should've gone through IMO.  (the guy who laid backwards and lifted himself up with her hands balancing her body on his).

I was glad to see the magician go through, but he's going to have to step up his show in order to stay.  And I did enjoy the guy who is the comedienne with the arm problem along with the guy who did the scene with JFK and the moon landing. 

How that woman with her 2 back up singers got throught the first time is beyond me.

The blind singer is good, but I tire of having too many singers.

Julianne's wig, IMO, was not a great look for her.

Yes, the strength/balance act should have gone thru (and I don't think they showed us their whole routine).  I don't recall that older woman w/two backup dancers first audition and I don't understand how she wasn't buzzed off the first go round.  I do like the blind fellow and njoy his singing, but I thought the song he sang was too similar to his first audition. 

We're sort of spoiled in that we've seen a lot of these same type of performances before and were done better.  We had the sand artist last season.  Magicians.  Clairvoyants.  I think my fav so far are the 3 brothers who do the strength/balancing act that was on last week.

Respected Contributor

Is anyone still watching?  What did you all think about the talent they picked to go thru to the finals?

I'm happy for the dance troupe that got the golden buzzer.  They were deserving.

Once again, some of the acts I didn't recognize.  A couple of the acts I would have liked to see they showed for a very short blip of time and other acts got the full treatment to show their talent. 

The kid on the flamenco style guitar is very good but not sure I could listen to that over n over.  Sort of all sounds alike to me even tho he appears to be an excellent guitarist.  I prefer electric.  I would have liked to see the male/female balance act - they glossed over them so quickly yet showed us the full routine of the older fellows who just don't have the finesse for a Vegas stage act, as inspiring as they might be because of their age.

Ready to get to the finals and declare the winner.

Respected Contributor

Re: America's Got Talent

[ Edited ]

Gonzo and his tambourine went through??  Really!?!?

I can think of at least 4 other acts that should have gotten a spot before him...

I'm also not crazy about the teenage flaminco-type guitarist (talented but repetitive) or the opera singer/violinist/danger act.

Denise
Valued Contributor

The worst season yet.the acts are terrible. nobody has wowed me yet.I hope next 

week is better.

Respected Contributor

I am very bored this season.  The talent is not wowing me and the judges picks are not mine.  They keep saying only 7 can go through and I think it is hard to find 7 good ones.

Respected Contributor

Mr. Tambourine Man got thru and we didn't even get to see the male/female strength/balance act cept a quick segment of one move.  Also the two singers at the end - I missed the female's performance (must have been in the first 15 min. of the show, but the other fellow who sang last was not as good as his first audition - so many singers all the time.  Seems to me only Steve Perry can do Journey songs justice.  His voice was too unique and strong and even tho this fellow did a nice rendition of the song, it seemed a little off somehow.

The violinist/opera singer danger act is something you might see at Coney Island or Atlantic City as an off boardwalk weird freak show kinda thing.