Respected Contributor

I was curious if the show would return and did some research to find that it's returning on May 30.

Since Nick isn't returning to the show, I saw that Tyra Banks will now be the host.

Looking forward to it but wishing they wouldn't have so many singers on the show.

Esteemed Contributor

I wish it was still taped in the tri state area on the east coast! I went to many audition - and live- tapings when it was near home. It was such fun being there!

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114, I thought I remembered you saying in a thread that you were able to attend.

Sounds like a lot of fun.  I just got tired of all of the singers; there's just too many IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@HisElk wrote:

@Ibby114, I thought I remembered you saying in a thread that you were able to attend.

Sounds like a lot of fun.  I just got tired of all of the singers; there's just too many IMO.

I agree  @HisElk1 - too many singers! Especially after last years outcome-  that little girl with the ukulele... Woman Frustrated

I did love Forte a couple years back, though-  they were a group of male singers and each performance was a spectacle. They came in 4th I believe, singing groups don't fare too well on other shows.

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@HisElk wrote:

I agree  @HisElk1 - too many singers! Especially after last years outcome-  that little girl with the ukulele... Woman Frustrated

I did love Forte a couple years back, though-  they were a group of male singers and each performance was a spectacle. They came in 4th I believe, singing groups don't fare too well on other shows.

@Ibby114, I recall her name Grace "something" (I didn't google because you know who I mean).  DH and I were so frustrated when she won the whole thing.

As for the singing groups, I don't mind those as much as just the solo ones, but still, get very tired of all of the singing.  The judges put too many through IMO.

Super Contributor

I am looking forward to AGT but I question Tyra Banks.  Nick was perfect, imo.  As far as last season's winner, i was very disappointed.  Watched all season and then a kid with minimal talent wins.  Howie was pushing her from the beginning, wonder if he is still involved with her career.

Trusted Contributor

My husband and I were forunate to see Terry Fator in Las Vegas.  He was so good! 

Esteemed Contributor

I will still watch but I am SO disappointed about Nick! He was my favorite and Howie M too. Love their humor and I like Tyra but I can't see Tyra being humorous like Nick!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

The way I see it is that there are a lot of competitions for singers so I would like AGT to be more about other acts. Give them a chance.

Esteemed Contributor

I will miss Nick...the way I saw it he was the glue of the show.  I can't see Tyra Banks in that position but I'll wait and see how she does before commenting on her abilities. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam