Honored Contributor

Re: Amelia Earhart: The Lost Evidence.. on the History channel last night...

THIS is taken from another thread in community chat......courtesy of @AuntMame....it may change your mind about how all of this was presented.

Well the mystery photo has already been debunked. It was found to have been published in a Japanese travelogue book two years prior to Earhart's flight and disappearance. Futhermore the photo appears to have been taken about ten years before her death.

"Matthew B Holly, a military expert, told Agence France-Presse the photo appeared to have been taken about a decade earlier than the date given by the History Channel.

“From the Marshallese visual background, lack of Japanese flags flying on any vessels but one, and the age configuration of the steam-driven steel vessels, the photo is closer to the late 1920s or early 1930s, not anywhere near 1937,” he said."

Here's the full story from The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/11/blogger-discredits-claim-amelia-earhart-was-taken-pr...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 Wow, that was enlightening. I agree about that photograph. "It's just plain silly" (to assume it's Amelia and Noonan). I just didn't see it and don't see it and now that the photo has been debunked, let's get on to what really happened, which we'll never know.

Honored Contributor

photo from 1935 book

ae.jpeg

https://heavy.com/news/2017/07/amelia-earhart-photo-history-channel-debunked-japan/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

another invented bunch of junk to fill an hour of airtime and sell ads....junk!

Honored Contributor

Why don't these people get their facts straight before putting 'never before seen news on A.E. disappearance'on the air, and now we find out it wasn't true. It's like CNN when I used to watch it," breaking news" only they didn't know a darn thing about what they were talking about-just wanted to break into regular program scheduling to say that 'they didn't have any information on it, but...............' What a bunch of malarkey. It's a conspiracy against those of us who watch this stuff. I think they are laughing up their sleeves at us.