Honored Contributor

"Second Sight"  got 5 stars.  It was good, but

"The Lost Room"  would have received a 10 from me.  It was very interesting and a good show to watch.

Just how they hit me.  Both worth going in to see.

Honored Contributor

I always thought of Prime as the poor man's Neflix.  Just not that good.  I think the offerings on Prime streaming is lousy.  Don't watch the shows.  All the good stuff is on Netflix.   For the other parts of Prime....Yes I have it. I order my weekly groceries on Prime and love the free shipping & fast service.  But as  a  streaming company....it sucks.

Honored Contributor

@songbird - my husband feels the same way about the free streaming.  He said if you want the good stuff or better stuff you have to pay more for it.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@songbird - my husband feels the same way about the free streaming.  He said if you want the good stuff or better stuff you have to pay more for it.

There are a lot of really good Prime exclusives. Bosch is excellent. I love the old Top Gear guys who are now on The Grand Tour. The Marvelous Mrs. Maizel is excellent. The Tick is really funny also.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I'm really enjoying my free year of Prime (cable company perk when I changed)

Mrs Maisel - Good Omens - Bosch - The Boys and now I'm watching Carnival Row

I also have watch some movies -

Never had a problem with the streaming - I have binge watched multiple episodes at a time - not.a hiccup 

sigh - I dion't buy a lot from Amazon and when I do - I always bought enough to qualify for free shipping. Thinking about Prime just for the video. Better than what I'm getting from Cable which charges that much just for 1 month

Respected Contributor

I've had Netflix for the past 3 years. I've seen LOTS of good shows. I've also watched lots of movies that originally ran in the theaters. I didn't care for any of Netflix's original movies.

I recently signed up for the free trial on Amazon Prime. I've been watching The Man In The High Castle and just started Season 3. I have the book, but never got around to reading it. I've wanted to watch the series ever since I heard it was airing on Amazon. OMG, one of the BEST shows I ever saw!! 

Also on my movie list:

A Quiet Place (never saw)

Mission Impossible: Fallout (never saw)

Goodbye Columbus (haven't seen it in years)

Rosemary's Baby (it's time to revisit)

The only series that caught my eye, besides The Man In The High Castle, is The Boys. I'll definitely watch that. And I may also give The Marvelous Mrs Maisel a try.

We don't order all that much from Amazon (and when we did we always qualified for the free shipping) but we've been enjoying the Prime for the free shipping (on lesser amounts) and the 2 day delivery. I do intend to renew the Prime because I want to see the final season (season 4) of The Man In The High Castle.

Overall, I'm happier with the content on Netflix, but Amazon Prime has lots of options if you want to pay a little more money.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I always thought of Prime as the poor man's Neflix.  Just not that good.  I think the offerings on Prime streaming is lousy.  Don't watch the shows.  All the good stuff is on Netflix.   For the other parts of Prime....Yes I have it. I order my weekly groceries on Prime and love the free shipping & fast service.  But as  a  streaming company....it sucks.

That's so funny because I said just today, I prefer the Prime over Netflix this week.  

The Truth about the Harry Quebert Affair, is what I'm on now and it's great, with Patrick Dempsy from Grey's anatomy.  

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@songbird wrote:

That's so funny because I said just today, I prefer the Prime over Netflix this week.  

The Truth about the Harry Quebert Affair, is what I'm on now and it's great, with Patrick Dempsy from Grey's anatomy.  

@qualitygal   That sounds really good.  I don't want to pay $1.99 per episode though.  I wonder when it will be free.  I put it on my Wish List for when that happens.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack :  Now that Prime and Netflix seem to be to be charging separately for watching some of the newer series.  My solution is watch the "teaser"(either single episode of first, free, season (and if I like it buy the series, used, on EBay or Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt 

I have had Amazon prime for a few years. I watched Fallout on Hulu. I was surprised to.see it on Prime. There are so many streaming.services

They have deals or sales for Prime customers. Most offers come near a  holiday, and Black Friday. 

Enjoy your membership.