Honored Contributor

@mousiegirlwrote:

I find that at times, it is less expenive to buy the dvds of series or single movies either on ebay or amazon, but ebay is usually less expensive.   

Me, too.

I have had trial subscriptions to both Amazon Prime and Netflix and anything I want to watch is either not included or, with Netflix, it's only on DVD.  I can go to RedBox if I want to watch a DVD.

Used eBay videos are dirt cheap.  Cheaper than renting.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I have Amazon Prime.  Can someone please explain to me how I go about getting a DVD movie to watch on my Amazon Prime.  Do I need to have a streaming device.  I don't understand.  Please help!

Esteemed Contributor

Whenever we search for a movie title, it never fails to come up with a charge to watch.  I think because we have searched the exact title, they know we want to see it...so $$$.  Some of the movies we search for are really old, too.  It's a gimmick.  We are now searching the hard way, without putting in the title.

However, Prime is worth it to us for the free shipping. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWickwrote:

Whenever we search for a movie title, it never fails to come up with a charge to watch.  I think because we have searched the exact title, they know we want to see it...so $$$.  Some of the movies we search for are really old, too.  It's a gimmick.  We are now searching the hard way, without putting in the title.

However, Prime is worth it to us for the free shipping. 

@MamaWick  I am not a Prime member, but I always get free shippiong, as I look for free shipping before I buy something.  Once in a while, if I really want something, I will pay shippiong, but that is hardly ever.  I will not pay amazon $99. 

Valued Contributor

@Big Sisterwrote:

I have Amazon Prime.  Can someone please explain to me how I go about getting a DVD movie to watch on my Amazon Prime.  Do I need to have a streaming device.  I don't understand.  Please help!

Yes, you do need a streaming device.  We have Amazon Fire but my husband does not recommend getting the Fire stick.

Respected Contributor

Yes, you do need a streaming device.  We have Amazon Fire but my husband does not recommend getting the Fire stick.

What would he recommend?   We have Apple TV on one TV but are open to other devices for the other one.

Honored Contributor

@Luvtunawrote:

@Big Sisterwrote:

@Big Sister, I have a Smart TV and can watch Amazon Prime through the app on my TV. I can also watch any video content on my Amazon Fire HD tablets and on my computer.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Bridgegalwrote:

What would he recommend?   We have Apple TV on one TV but are open to other devices for the other one.

We also have a smart tv and find it easier to access videos by using our Amazon fire. We have Apple on one of our tv’s and like Amazon fire better.

Occasional Contributor

I have the fire stick and a roku. I prefer the format of the roku. I bought the roku that was considered top of the line when it was purchased about three years ago. 

Respected Contributor

@ Big Sister,

I watch all my AMZN Prime movies on my Laptop and have done so for years.

However, the selection is so limited for my taste, I'm thinking about subbing to NFLX.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."