Respected Contributor

Amazon Prime Video Will Now Have Advertisements

[ Edited ]

Just received an email from Amazon that states limited advertisements will now be included with Prime Video. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since other streaming services are doing this. Smiley Sad

Dear Prime member,

We are writing to you today about an upcoming change to your Prime Video experience. Starting January 29, Prime Video movies and TV shows will include limited advertisements. This will allow us to continue investing in compelling content and keep increasing that investment over a long period of time. We aim to have meaningfully fewer ads than linear TV and other streaming TV providers. No action is required from you, and there is no change to the current price of your Prime membership. We will also offer a new ad-free option for an additional $2.99 per month* that you can sign up for it here.

*Live event content such as sports, and content offered through Amazon Freevee will continue to include advertising

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Video Will Now Have Advertisements

Everyone wants their "fair share."

Honored Contributor

They are trying to control costs.  I won't fault them for that.  We'll probably take that ad free option.

Trusted Contributor

@lmt  I'm kind of torn on this as it seems like all the regular networks have ads now as does Prime Video's Thursday night football nights so right now I'll kind of play it by ear - but maybe I'll change my mind, we'll see.

Respected Contributor

I didn't get that email but I am not surprised. 

Trusted Contributor

I just paid $2.99 a month to avoid it. I'm not happy but I don't want commercials. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are so few shows or movies I watch on Prime these days, I won't pay $2.99 extra a month. 

Esteemed Contributor

I already pay a high Xfinity Cable bill plus Hulu and Paramount+. I'll deal with the Amazon ads. There's not a lot of content for me to want to pay $2.99 a month extra.

Honored Contributor

I signed up for the ad free version last night. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@lmt @gidgetgh @Effie54 @deeva @evelyner 

After watching "The Night Agent" on Netflix I believe I will just watch theirs. Amazon Prime has never produced anything that good.

Also Netflix produced The Crown.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~