Super Contributor

Is it possible to connect my MacBookPro to my  regular( not smart) TV to watch Amazon Prime Movies?  Thanks

Esteemed Contributor
Super Contributor

Thank you Lilysmom!

Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Movies

[ Edited ]

For what it's worth, @Flika13, I did this for a while and don't recommend it. I had to connect and disconnnect the computer whenever I wanted to use it for something else. There's also no remote control, so you have to touch the computer or the mouse to get it all set up, pause, play, fast forward, etc. I tried a wireless mouse from across the room, but it wasn't ideal and was pretty awkward. I just wanted to be able to pause to answer the phone or use the bathroom, but it wasn't easy.

So while it can be done, I recommend buying an Amazon Fire Stick or a Roku because it's so much more convenient and makes for a much more pleasant user experience. If you don't have a 4K TV, the older Fire Stick is $40. The 4K version is $50. A Roku starts at $30. The convenience is worth the cost.

Give it a try and if you find you like using Amazon Prime movies with your TV, get a streaming device and free up your computer. Smiley Happy