Esteemed Contributor

Do any of you participate in the Amazon Preview Panel?  If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts about it.

I just got an email today inviting me to join.  It says I will be able to. . .

• access sneak peaks on what's to come before wide-release
  • provide opinions on a variety of concepts, trailers, and series
  • receive gift cards and Amazon Prime Video swag

I answered some survey questions about what types of shows I like to watch.  Then it said to keep an eye on my inbox for my first feedback opportunity.  

While I love the idea of giving feedback, I doubt they'll keep me very busy now that they know I don't have anybody under the age of 18 living in my house, and I indicated I don't watch anything like the Housewives, American Idol, or Kardashians.  😂

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan I can't help you, I have never gotten an invitation to take part in a panel.

Esteemed Contributor

@wildcat fan

Amazon selected your for this panel for a reason. 

I was part of a TV and radio survey study for 2 years. This was maybe 15 years ago. Today, companies data mine us through our devices.

Enjoy the perks. 

Super Contributor

I've never been invited.  And I watch Amazon Prime movies all the time.  

Esteemed Contributor

@PickyCindy : Probably the criteria for being selected include being in their primary target demographic (18- 35 spending a certain thresh hold ); not that you watch Prime.

Super Contributor

@patbz  Well that let's me out.  I'm older than dirt.  lol

Esteemed Contributor

@PickyCindy :  I'll raise you one:  I'm 76 (so I too will never be asked to be on their panel).

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@PickyCindy : Probably the criteria for being selected include being in their primary target demographic (18- 35 spending a certain thresh hold ); not that you watch Prime.

That's what is so odd to me since I'm not in that age demographic.  I used to make lots of Amazon purchases but have only made one recent purchase. 

It's like Amazon has recently discovered me or figured out how to track me.  In the past couple of months, I've read some blogs by teachers who posted links to Amazon products that they purchased for their classrooms.  I clicked on the links and looked, but didn't buy.  Next thing I know I'm getting emails from Amazon promoting those items and other similar items.  I haven't purchased from them in a few years, until recently I bought a book. 

A few days after I purchased that book, I got the invitation to participate in the preview panel.  There were sections where they asked my age and if I had anybody under 18 at home.  There were lots of questions about which genres I like to watch from horror to sports to reality and everything in between.  I think it would be cool to participate, but I'll be surprised if I hear anything else from them.  After I submitted my survey answers, I got a message saying they'll be in touch, but I haven't heard anything since then. 🤷‍♀️

I received an email from Amazon preview panel yesterday. I am a chemo patient, who is now bedridden, A very young 50 year old (who still looks 29 - thank You Jesus! 😇🙏🏻💜), white, female, who has 19-year-old triplet boys living at home. I’m unemployed, due to disability. But, used to be a Vice President at Wells Fargo Bank. My household income is above 100k. That’s my demographics.
With that being said, needless to say I watch a lot of television. Yes, I buy a lot on Amazon and my customer ratings score is probably above average, but I have to admit I have stopped doing product ratings and reviews sense I have rheumatoid arthritis, so my scores could be better. But, I do watch a ton of television, and a lot of Amazon prime.
This is what I believe... I feel that I was invited to the panel because of the fact that I do watch a lot of Amazon prime. Yes, I do watch a lot of Netflix, some regular TV, OnDemand, and, a very small amount of Hulu, but mostly Amazon prime. I believe that Amazon tracks what is watched and how many hours, and that is why I was invited to join their panel. It’s just my guess. I also feel that they are looking for people in every age group, all different backgrounds, income levels, etc... Also, I don’t watch what the typical 50 year old female would watch in my personal stigma, or should I say prejudice, which it may even be. Why should we assume what is “right or wrong” to watch for any age group, sex, race, religion, etc EXCEPT under age children! We as adults and parents always have the responsibility to do what is responsible and right for the children. Oh, if you’re curious, the types of shows/movies I like are Teen/Young Adult, Horror and/or Thriller, Fantasy, some very selective SciFi. and definitely Religion! (I know, how bizarre. And, not every Christian has to believe in not watching anything other than religious movies or tv. God created good actors for our entertainment, even prior to Jesus’ day and neuter Jesus, nor His disciples had anything bad to say about that. Trust me, acting back then was very vulgar!)
The 100
Supernatural
The Walking Dead
Fear the Walking Dead
Walking Among Us (is that it? Chemo brain (🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️😂)
VanHelsing ( ⬆️ Hmmm 🤔 🧐 again? Lol 😂)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Lord of the Rings
Tales from the Loop
You
50 Shades of Gray (Series.Of course! Right?!🤩)
Perry Stone
End of the Age
Covenant Presbyterian Church Doylestown
And many many many many more...

Anyway, one other thing I should mention. After taking the survey. They told me immediately that I was chosen for the panel; right away, I had to answe a few more demographics and maybe a few other questions. I wasn’t asked to wait or told they would get back to me, giving me false hope. Everyone always said that whenever I replied to their texts, I wrote them a “book”. Lol 😂🤣😂. So, hope you found my “book” informative!

Now, I’m just waiting on my first real assignment.

𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒& 𝐵𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝒜𝓁𝓁, 🙏🏻
𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝑜𝓃 💜