Honored Contributor

Re: Amanda Bynes Released From Psych. Hold-- Second Time a Charm??

On 11/1/2014 annabellethecat said:

I agree with Hooty. We shouldn't be discussing mental health issues, especially in the TV forum.

The fact is we don't know anything about this young woman and it isn't fair to her to discuss anything about her or her health.

THIS THIS THIS. And what Hooty said.

There's been an influx of a few people that seem determined to turn this happy place into Viewpoints.

RainCityGirl, I disagree with you but that's moot; you and Celery and SmallTown, can't you take this to Viewpoints? Why are you discussing it here? What does Amanda Bynes's mental health (which no one knows a thing about) have to do with TV Entertainment?

Respected Contributor

I don't think anyone has been disrespectful regarding Amanda, and things being stated are things that have already been reported in the news -- some of which is public record. I think some people are sensitive to mental health issues because of personal experiences, and I really do respect that, but I don't think it's "right" for anyone to be made to feel it's "wrong" for posting their opinion.

Regarding this topic being posted in the TV forum, I'm guessing the OP posted the topic here b/c Amanda once had a TV series, but I really don't know. Regardless, people post Off Topic subjects in every forum here. No one except for QVC should be stating what should or should not be discussed. JMHO I didn't interpret Hooty has saying we shouldn't be discussing mental health, but rather she has learned from her own experience that threads on this topic usually don't turn out well. If that's been the case in the past, that's sad. It should be okay to express varying opinions without arguments ensuing. I've pretty much stopped posting in most of the other forums, and thought the Entertainment forum would be "safe," but I guess that's not the case. It really is unfair for some people to state what should and should not be posted, and the manner in which some are posting are coming across as very aggressive. I mean no disrespect by that, but I'm not going to allow someone to intimidate me from posting - especially if I'm not posting anything offensive.

Please, if someone is holding onto a grudge from the past with someone else, I sincerely wish they could please just let it go. Peace to everyone.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

Celery, I have been posting in this forum for many years. There have never been these hot topic issues here before and I don't think there should be. There are other places for that stuff. We may get into spats about tv shows but that's it. You just proved my point: So Amanda Bynes had a tv show at some point in her brief career. That's not a lot to hang a post on in the TV forum. It's a huge stretch whereas it would not be out of place in Viewpoints.

Respected Contributor

All I am saying is that Off Topic subjects are posted in every forum here at QVC. Maybe not so much in the TV forum - I don't know. I was actually a little surprised to see the topic posted here, but then I assumed the OP posted here b/c of Amanda's TV show(s).

No one should feel intimidated to post, and no one should try to intimidate others into not posting.

I have no idea what you mean by "proving your point."

ETA: Please, let's just let this go. Again, peace to everyone.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

On 11/1/2014 i like celery said:

All I am saying is that Off Topic subjects are posted in every forum here at QVC. Maybe not so much in the TV forum - I don't know. I was actually a little surprised to see the topic posted here, but then I assumed the OP posted here b/c of Amanda's TV show(s).

No one should feel intimidated to post, and no one should try to intimidate others into not posting.

I have no idea what you mean by "proving your point."

ETA: Please, let's just let this go. Again, peace to everyone.

I posted back to you on the Olive Kittredge thread. Because there we are discussing TV. Really discussing TV. Not sneaking a backdoor discussion into a forum where it doesn't belong. "Maybe not so much in the TV forum - I don't know." I will tell you: Not ever in the TV forum. Been here for years and never seen it until the OP starts not one but two threads.

Am I being protective of a forum I've enjoyed for years? Yes. I'm not the sheriff but if I was I would put a quick stop to the baiting going on.

See you over on Olive Kittredge, Celery.

Super Contributor

On 11/1/2014 LoriLori said:
On 11/1/2014 annabellethecat said:

I agree with Hooty. We shouldn't be discussing mental health issues, especially in the TV forum.

The fact is we don't know anything about this young woman and it isn't fair to her to discuss anything about her or her health.

THIS THIS THIS. And what Hooty said.

There's been an influx of a few people that seem determined to turn this happy place into Viewpoints.

RainCityGirl, I disagree with you but that's moot; you and Celery and SmallTown, can't you take this to Viewpoints? Why are you discussing it here? What does Amanda Bynes's mental health (which no one knows a thing about) have to do with TV Entertainment?

Listen, I didn't start this thread!!!!! It was here when I came to post on the GH thread. I simply saw it and started reading, then decided to post as others have. Not sure what you disagree with me about....that my own personal experience is not valid in your expert opinion? I innocently stated my feelings in post #7 and was jumped by someone who decided she had to scold and accuse me. I assume that the thread was started because many of us have followed Amanda's career from being a child star to an adult one. Who died and made you the board police? I did nothing wrong and don't intend to cower at your admonishment. If you are so terribly offended by the thread, why did you even open it, much less post on it? Baiting? Looks like you're doing just that.

Honored Contributor

Rain, no one's angry about any of this. I think most of us are just saying the TV section isn't the best place to discuss this.

Respected Contributor

Never mind. It's not worth it.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

RainCityGirl, I'm sorry if you are feeling badly about posting.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Super Contributor

On 11/1/2014 i like celery said:

RainCityGirl, I'm sorry if you are feeling badly about posting.

Hey, Celery, it's all good. Nobody on this board makes me feel bad. They don't have that power. I can stand up for myself. I don't find this thread any different from the many threads started in all kinds of forums, including this one, about Robin Williams' suicide. People weighed in on that with abandon. I just get tired of board scolds and control freaks. The title of this thread was a clear indication of what it's about. As I said, if it bothers them so much, why even open the thread and then post on it??? I feel very concerned for Amanda Bynes and I fear for her personal safety. She was a talented comedienne with promise of a long career, and now what lies ahead seems to be tragic.