Contributor

Amanda Bynes Released From Psych. Hold-- Second Time a Charm??

Bynes was released early from her psych hold that she was placed under on the 10th. On Monday, her stay was extended to an additional 30 days. She was seen walking down Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood. A hearing officer Thursday "felt Amanda was stable enough so she could NOT be held involuntarily, so he ended the 30-day hold that had been granted last week and Amanda walked out the front door." A Feb. 24, 2015 court date will be held to revisit the status of her mother, Lynn's, conservatorship on Amanda.

I personally believe that because of this, Amanda just might end up DEAD! She won't take her meds and/or her mother will get her off of them like the last time.

Thoughts?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amanda Bynes Released From Psych. Hold-- Second Time a Charm??

Based on what I've read of her actions since her release, she's gotten no better while she was there. I don't think she'll remain out until the Feb 24 court date.

Frequent Contributor

According to TMZ, she's wandering around Sunset Strip, talking to herself. This is so sad.

Contributor

I agree Chi. It is very sad. Also according to TMZ, she already had a breakdown while she was trying to check into a hotel and she started throwing a wad of money at the front desk. She even had another Twitter rant accusing her father once again of sexual assault. If it's really true, it's no wonder she's so unstable.

Valued Contributor

I don't expect a good outcome from this--she is a very, very sick young woman. I can't understand how she could be released while still in this condition. She immediately started tweeting ridiculous things and is just wandering around.

Respected Contributor

I don't believe the accusations Amanda has made against her father. The first time Amanda made accusations, Amanda's siblings released a statement of support for their dad. Yes, I realize that doesn't mean it didn't happen, but I just don't believe it, considering all of the other accusations and behavior. Amanda isn't just "unstable." She was diagnosed as being schizophrenic. I think her parents have had a difficult time admitting their daughter is mentally ill. They originally stated they believe her behavior was due to her smoking pot and being "rebellious." I hope they can finally see how ill Amanda really is, and not be ashamed of any stigma associated with the mentally ill. It's very sad. I was surprised to hear Amanda was released from the psychiatric hold this second time so soon. I think the first time she was held for around 6 months.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

We have a history of mental health problems. I can tell you unless you've experienced it, you have no idea on what to expect from anyone involved.

I grew up with a bi-polar Aunt. She'd be wonderful then go to bed and I'd wake up and it would be sheer He^^. You never know.

I would think her Drs are the best people to judge this girl's mental health. I hope for everyone concerned she gets help.

I cannot believe a judge would think he knows more than a Dr. I saw that same TMZ show and they said several of her Drs think she should be in the hospital.

I cannot imagine what her parents are going through. It sure brings to light a terrible problem we have here in this country (how we deal with mental health issues, I mean).

Super Contributor

I believe that Amanda is schizophrenic and depending on which personality is controlling her on any given day, she can appear stable or unstable. When the voices start up, she loses contact with reality. The description of her behavior fits exactly that of someone in my life with whom I was very close. Keeping a mentally unstable, paranoid person on regular meds is almost impossible without a gate keeper around 24/7. Her parents have a huge nightmare ahead of them.

Super Contributor

On 10/31/2014 RainCityGirl said:

I believe that Amanda is schizophrenic and depending on which personality is controlling her on any given day, she can appear stable or unstable. When the voices start up, she loses contact with reality. The description of her behavior fits exactly that of someone in my life with whom I was very close. Keeping a mentally unstable, paranoid person on regular meds is almost impossible without a gate keeper around 24/7. Her parents have a huge nightmare ahead of them.

Contributor

I also wonder if Amanda has an eating disorder. Also on TMZ, it said she went to a diner where she ate fried chicken, salmon, Caesar salad with guacamole, and a house salad with Italian and ranch. She even told the waitress she lost 20 lbs and talked to her about her plastic surgery and kept trying to start a conversation with her and when she left, she mumbled to herself.

She was also an hour late for her court date where she requested the converstionship to end, but her request was denied. However, in the conversationship, her parents don't have control her conduct since Amanda shows an intense dislike towards them.

There is no good solution for this. It's so sad that such a sweet, young girl, who had her whole life ahead of her, ends up going into a world of delusion and fear in which she has no control of leaving.