Honored Contributor

Am I the only one already tired of the hallmark channel Christmas movies?

Too much and way too soon. I miss my regular shows. 

Occasional Contributor

Re: Am I the only one already tired of the hallmark channel Christmas movies?

Oh my goodness, NOOOO, lol.  DEFINITELY too MUCH, and much too soonSmiley Sad   Like they started RIGHT after Halloween!

Honored Contributor

I love Christmas music and movies, but, please, let's celebrate THANKSGIVING first! 

Start the music and movies on Black Friday, which I do not celebrate at the mall(s).  Smiley Happy  Too much rudeness and I don't need that, so I stay out of the stores and shop on line only.  It's just me and the computer and my CC.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I'm with the OP.  I can't believe they started holiday movies on Halloween.  I've not watched one yet.  But as I peruse the channel guide, it is the same movies being shown over and over and over again.  And they have a month and a half to go still.

I just happened to notice as I was flipping through my radio that Sirius/XM already has some 24/7 holiday music channels going. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They're usually so predictable, but that's OK, I like them anyway - a nice diversion and break from the bad news of the day to a place that shows restored relationships, kindness, joy, love, etc.  I have a couple of favorites I've been looking forward to and have already watched a couple of them.  

Honored Contributor

THANK YOU!!!!  I so agree with you.

The worse thing about those movies is that they are reruns of reruns!!  I was sick of them last year.  And as someone said....let's at least do Thanksgiving first.

I enjoy repeats of movies like Gone with The Wind and other classics.  I will watch them once or twice every two or three years., but these are not classics.   As much as I pay for cable, I expect/deserve more variety.

If I could get good reception without it, I'd drop cable and use that money for something else.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

tonight on the HMM channel 7pm et.......one of my top ten christmas movies.......HOLIDAY INN with bing crosby and fred astaire! nope, not tired......

http://maggiegallagher.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Christmas_Bells_Wallpaper_1440x900_wallpaperhere.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 the classics like Holiday Inn, White Christmas, Christmas in Connecticut, etc. I really enjoy.  But for me, it's still too early to watch Holiday Inn.  It it was at least the week of Thanksgiving, I'd be all over it.

But I won't despair.  I know they will show it 10 more times.  LOL  

Occasional Contributor

I love them. Look forward to them every year. I have my favorites but what h all new ones too. I love Christmas and all the trimmings.

Honored Contributor

No, but I don't have any regular Hallmark shows I watch that would be airing right now if the movies weren't on. That would bother me, too.

I didn't even know they aired new shows during the day and thought they just aired endless reruns of The Waltons and Murder She Wrote.