Respected Contributor

Re: Am I The Only Person Who's Taped/DVR'd Shows Cut Off Too Early?

I subscribe to Spectrum (formerly TWC) and have the option of going "X" number of minutes later.  I always go at least one minute passed programming.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

It happens a lot but I started recording the show immediately after so when it does happen I don't miss the ending 

Respected Contributor

I DVR everything!  Cannot stand to sit through all those commercials.  But I always set my timer set-up for 3 minutes before and 3 minutes after.  If a football game is one like on Sundays when I tape Madam Secretary, then I exend the ending time by 1/2 hour sometimes an entire hour.

Honored Contributor

Well, cable shows don't always adhere to scheduling (as in hour to hour or 1/2 hour to 1/2 hour).  If you look at the "Guide" (I have Comcast and it shows several TV shows running 'slightly' over the hour.  I read an article where a writer/director/producer said, (paraphrasing), "If I have a story to tell, the good thing about cable is sometimes they will let you 'go over'."

The problem with DVRing after the show is (like someone said) you do go into the other show.  This is OK if the show YOU want to see is coming on right after that show, otherwise, it doesn't work.

Sometimes I go to the 'guide' and go way down (even until 2 or 4 in the morning and will tape the show and let it run into the next hour).

In the game of life it isn't a big deal!  I know that.  It's just one of those little annoying things that happen and one learns to live with it...or like some...fix it.  I always take the easy way out!  Hummmm????

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

It drives me crazy because I've noticed that some of the shows (always on Lifetime and a few other cable shows) cut off before the show has finished.  It might only need 1 or 2 minutes but sometimes that's necessary to wrap up the show.

Does this happen to any other TV people here who DVR a lot of their shows like I do?  I'm curious?

I hate it too, never get to see previews of my shows...I DVR as much as possible, mostly because I really hate sitting through all the stupid commercials and they last forever....the commercials drive me nuts,  and I find I get up and go to the kitchen, which is not a good thing for me to do....especially at night....

Honored Contributor

It happens a LOT fo us and I hate it.  I'm trying to get them recorded for 5 min. over now.