Honored Contributor

Alyssa Milano asking for donations to son's baseball team

[ Edited ]

Why the heck is she asking for donations??  

Actress Alyssa Milano is responding after angering fans on social media by asking if they could donate to her son's baseball team.

"My son's baseball team is raising money for their Cooperstown trip," Milano wrote on X Thursday. "Any amount would be so greatly appreciated." She also shared more information on how to access the GoFundMe page.

Many were left wondering "why isn't Alyssa Milano paying for the trip for the whole team herself," while others were questioning why the actress is "asking for money from people who can barely buy groceries."

"Just a reminder: Alyssa Milano and her husband are both multi-millionaires," another commented. "They could pay for the entire trip for the whole team without batting an eye!"

Honored Contributor

Re: Alyssa Milano sets up Go Fund Me for son's baseball team

That is so strange!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Re: Alyssa Milano asking for donations son's baseball team

[ Edited ]

Some of these celebs...shake my head...out of touch. Sorry (not sorry) Alyssa...got other priorities. But good luck with that...

Respected Contributor

Re: Alyssa Milano asking for donations son's baseball team

It ruffles my feathers whenever celebrities ask the public for donations. Some people feel they know these people just because they're cute on movies or TV and they want them to love them. This is ridiculous for her to ask for donations for anything but I bet she's got some takers. Sad. I think those GoFundMe requests are silly.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alyssa Milano asking for donations to son's baseball team

Not a fan of hers.

Respected Contributor

So far she has raised $8,716 Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't imagine that the goal of $10,000 couldn't be entirely funded by her with no problem. 

Monthly residuals from "Charmed" alone should cover that easily.

I'm sure families of some team members can't afford the trip, but traditionally car washes and bake sales and such are used.  But having one of the celebrity mothers solicit on social media?.....

Respected Contributor

unbelievable

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

whether she can afford it or not the "optics" are not good 

perhaps the thought was that a celeb would bring more attention to the trip

however, if they can't raise the money it's a life lesson you can't expect that others will fund your life 

Honored Contributor

I thought her request was strange!

Good Morning Enjoy Your Saturdau quotes quote frozen saturday saturday  quotes olaf happ… | Good morning happy saturday, Good morning christmas, Happy  weekend quotes