Honored Contributor

Always 1989 (NetFlix)

[ Edited ]

220px-Alwaysfilmposter.jpggiphy (8).gif 

One of my favorite love stories. Message is beautiful! Today watching again. 

Reason sharing with you, Earlier this morning reminded of "Audrey Hepburn" 

This was her last film. Audrey diagnosed with cancer, continued working for (UNICEF) until she died in 1993. Her courage and spirituality shines through. 

For anyone feeling sad, alone or less than. Sending you, The warmest wishes.💜 

*Edited* Remake 1943 -"Guy Named Joe."

Honored Contributor

I know and agree, it's a heart tugger.  It's funny too. It's a really good one, that  somehow got missed for some big awards in my book.  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Always 1989 (NetFlix)

[ Edited ]

@qualitygalwrote:

I know and agree, it's a heart tugger.  It's funny too. It's a really good one, that  somehow got missed for some big awards in my book.  Woman Very Happy  

Richard Dreyfus oomy....electric, charming man. To this day huge crush! Steven Spielberg touches throughout the movie. Takes me back in time. Sweet memories.  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I love this movie!  I've seen it a few times and just recently (maybe a couple of weeks ago) I happened to catch the last half hour or so and could not break away.

It is one of those that, if I'm scrolling around and come across it, I must watch.

Honored Contributor

I don't remember ever having seen that movie, so I added it to my Netflix queue.   Thank you, @Sweet_Serenity

I would love to learn directly from an angel (before I die, though).

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  I loved this movie. Must have seen it countless times. I surprised myself the first time I saw it because I usually didn't like Holly Hunter. She was great in this role as was Richard Dreyfus. What a lovely movie. I like a good cry for a romantic movie.  I also liked Holly Hunter in Home For The Holidays. 

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

I remember seeing it in the theater and for some reasson did not care for it.

Honored Contributor

@Coquillewrote:

@Sweet_Serenity  I loved this movie. Must have seen it countless times. I surprised myself the first time I saw it because I usually didn't like Holly Hunter. She was great in this role as was Richard Dreyfus. What a lovely movie. I like a good cry for a romantic movie.  I also liked Holly Hunter in Home For The Holidays. 

Felt same concerning (Holly Hunter) she won me over. Think it's safe to say combination of the chemistry between them, as well writing and director. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes...that was a very good movie....i remember how sad it was towards the end when she was alone and imagining herself dancing with Richard D. again.....