Honored Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 12/05

I just learned he died yesterday, here is the breaking news just posted within the half hour on Soap Opera Digest:

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/dayss-joseph-mascolo-passes-away-87/

RIP, Stefano!  Joe!  Love you both!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori  Oh noooooo.... I am so sorry.  He was kind of like a member of the family, wasn't he?  What a sad DAY........RIP Joe (Stefano)

Honored Contributor

I can't think of anyone else on soaps I've had such love for.  I always wanted to just put my arms around him and give him a hug. 

That they're talking about Stefano's death is a sad coincidence.  They did not give him the fitting send-off he so deserved.

Honored Contributor

Anothher Days legend gone, he is right up there with Mac Carey and Frances Reid. Joe's father lived to be 107 and his mom lived to be 100, sure had wished the same for him. RIP, Stef.

Honored Contributor

I just looked it up because it says he's battled Alzheimer's for years?  We know he had a stroke.  He wasn't on DAYS much, but his last DAY was January 8 which means he was still taping until June of 2015.

I'm still crying!  And trying to think if there's anyone else I'd react this way to -- I don't think so!

Honored Contributor

DAYSies, I need a group hug.

Esteemed Contributor

Stefano also made appearances to Chad after Hope shot him.  Don't think those were filmed at the same time as they were later in chronology.  Could have been though.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Terrible news. We've nothing to look forward to anymore. There was always hope but no more. He and OT will have much to discuss.

Esteemed Contributor

I just read about Joe M on Yahoo, before I came to our thread.  I feel so bad and how ironic he's been mentioned yesterday and today.  So sad, even though we knew he wasn't coming back.  May he RIP.  Thanks Joe/Stefano for the many wonderful years of entertaining us. You were one of a kind.

@Judaline - Our dear OT will tell him how we feel about DAYS for sure!!

Trusted Contributor

I had to drop in to add my sadness for the loss of Stefano/Joe.  What a great actor he was!  He played the "bad guy" very well for many years.  OT, give him a hug from me.