Honored Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 12/04

Did you know Ken Corday wrote a novel?  It's called "Ladies of the Lake."  Amazon made a mini-series of it and they're on to season two but that's not what I'm posting it, because the book may actually be good.

I'm posting because the reviews on Amazon are really funny.  Many of the reviewers got the book for free.  Many are one sentence but one of the nineteen practically retypes the book LOL.  Hope this starts your day with a laugh as it did mine:

"Pretty cheesy but not bad for an easy read."

"Written by Ken Cordy [sic], who is a former producer for Days..."

(This one's the title of the review):  "Obsessed with the cover"

"...so bad I thought it was comedy"

"It's a excellent book."

(another review title):  "But in the end they are sad as the basic thing is lacking"

"Open the book, read a page, read another, and another, and another..."

"I loved reading and watching the plot thicken..."

Honored Contributor

Oft times amazon lets you 'read inside'. I don't like Corday so I won't give him the satisfaction. Hope they all get the book at the library, being as cheap as he is. Not in the Christmas spirit, I guess, just don't like him.

Respected Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

I sure hope that the grief sex was also "safe" sex.....  

Such a waste of toDAY's show.  Can someone please explain the helmet/hair thing.  Did I miss something?

Shawn and Belle have been gone for how long??? Two years or so??  And all they get is a hug from Hope.  Nobody mentions where they are staying, have they eaten, where is grandma, blah, blah...........  LOL  No mention of Will?  Or did I miss all this while I was napping?

@sophiamarie  In real life, I'm sure we'd all be making phone calls alerting everyone to the good news that so-and-so is back in town.  No one shares good news by phone in Salem.  We all know that Belle and Shawn must have a room at the Salem Inn like everyone else in town.  It will also be a corner room down the end of the hall on the left.  And the room will have the ivy plant in the brass planter.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Oft times amazon lets you 'read inside'. I don't like Corday so I won't give him the satisfaction. Hope they all get the book at the library, being as cheap as he is. Not in the Christmas spirit, I guess, just don't like him.

@Judaline, I would never buy it and would never have heard of it if Amazon wasn't promoting the tv series in emails.

Corday's book seems to have been published in 2015 although the Amazon page is lacking basic information so I just realized he self-published it.  

Amazon ranks the sales of all the books it sells.  Of all Amazon books on sale it is number 1,086,429.  I'm not sure I've ever seen such a high number as 1,086,429.  LOL.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori Corday probably had them use the cheapest paper in the industry.

Esteemed Contributor

@BarbiHollywood  LOL - you nailed it.  As my DIL would say - jajajajaja

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Paul looks like he's taken up residence in Chad and Abigail's bedroom.  I know it's supposed to be the Martin House, but the walls are the same color, windows in the same place, and lamps look the same.  I also spy the fake ivy in the brass planter.

The Kiriakis Mansion should have a Christmas tree by now and the Brady Pub should be decked out in Christmas greenery, at least a wreath on the door, and maybe even a blowmold Rudolph with a light up nose near the bar.  Corday, even though you taped in May, you could have at least made it look like Christmas.

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88

I saw that also..lol!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori - good luck with your doctor appointment on Thursday - hope it turns out better than you expect.

@Judaline - I give you credit for being diligent with the exercise and walking. I usually start stuff, but then slack off.

I know you both post on the book forum. There is a book on Amazon I want to read written by Joyce Bulifant (an actress from the 60's and 70''s).  Lori - you probably never heard of her.  It is called my Four Hollywood Husbands.  One of them was Ed Mallory who played Bill Horton on DAYs years ago. Her most famous husband was James MacArthur from Hawaii 5-0.  It looks like a fun read.  If I found out anything interesting about DAYs, I will post.

Sorry DAYSIES for going off topic.

Respected Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@LoriLori Corday probably had them use the cheapest paper in the industry.

@Judaline, @LoriLori  -  He probably sprung for 1-ply toilet paper.