Honored Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 11/30

If you have the POP channel it will be shown later tonight.

Sorry you missed it... it was about Hope,Ben&Abby,and Theresa and Brady

mainly.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Is it me or is it really weird to hear a crazed serial killer say, "Swaddle the baby"?  I can't stop giggling from the stupidness of that line.  "Get the baby ready", sure, but a serial killer worried about swaddling?  teehee.

He may have been listening to some Christmas songs where the baby Jesus was swaddled in clothes in the manger. 'tis the season. 

Yep, copper is famous for gangster movies but also a British term.

I think Hope is like Marlena regarding not consoling their children. Marlena chose John over her kids time and time again (don't ask me when, but it happened). There are couples like that. So wrapped up in each other the kids take a back seat. 

Contributor

Thank you for the replies about the POP channel. Unfortunately, we don't have it or can't find it. When they pre-empt the program, I can see it on NBC at 1 am. This was just in Texas. 😞 I really wanted to see it because it would be a good episode.
Esteemed Contributor

Going off topic for @Judaline and @LoriLori - a little Mad Men gossip.  Supposedly Jon Hamm and January Jones are secretly dating.  He turned to her after his breakup with his long time girlfriend.  The reason for their breakup was he wanted children and she did not.  Don't know if this is true, but thought you both would want to know about this.....HaHa!!

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

Going off topic for @Judaline and @LoriLori - a little Mad Men gossip.  Supposedly Jon Hamm and January Jones are secretly dating.  He turned to her after his breakup with his long time girlfriend.  The reason for their breakup was he wanted children and she did not.  Don't know if this is true, but thought you both would want to know about this.....HaHa!!

No Way! Maybe January is the real reason for the breakup. You never know. I am really, really surprised. Might not be all that bad. Seems like she's older than he is, but I'm probably wrong.

Esteemed Contributor

So, Ben left the afghan in the cabin and the baby has no car seat.  

What's up with Hope and the whispering?  Since when did this start?  Also, why would the Police Department allow Hope to come back just days after her huband expired?  Wouldn't there be bereavement leave?  Isn't that mandatory?  It isn't safe for her to come back so fast - for her own good.  

Again, these writers are terrible.

Also, the term "copper" is a British term - BUT it is used in a derogatory way.

Since when does Victor just "drop" money on the floor.  On the Pub no less.  Then, Roman lets Caroline take it to give back to him?  Of all the people who can get to Victor, she would be the last one, unless of course, she "wants" to see him.  LOLOLOL

More later......

Esteemed Contributor

@sophiamarie - Caroline's family let her go off on her own and drive all over Salem by herself!! They are not great caregivers!!

Agree about Ben and the baby - no car seat, no blanket or food, etc....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's what I found on copper:

Cop or Copper The term Copper was the original, unshortened word, originally used in Britain to mean "someone who captures". (In British English the term Cop is recorded (Shorter Oxford Dictionary) in the sense of 'To Capture' from 1704, derived from the Latin 'Capere' via the Old French 'Caper').[6] The common myth is that it's a term referring to the police officer's buttons which are made of copper.Cop derives from a Gaelic word which has the equivalence of saying, protector, leader, or chief. The terms are almost nearly homophonic but have similar meanings.

Not so bad I guess. See, now we all learned something.

I think maybe Victor dropped the money to indicate he may be losing it, literally. It's just not like him. Remember Caroline  had a vision about him having a heart attack so I'm sure she does want to see him.

I had better be careful. Someone said on another thread that this thread has morphed into something it wasn't meant to be. I guess that means no ad libbing. It would be pretty dull if we didn't. 

P.S. Hope has been a whisperer since time out of mind. Has always made me crazy. It reminds me of talking in church, which of course we shouldn't do, but sometimes................

Regular Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Well, it's colder but I'm warmer. lori I tried to blow some snowflakes, but just like always, they ceased. Dirty rats. (I love snow).

It wasn't the speeches that made me stay away toDAY. It was the sadness. Don't want it, don't need it.

I love Shane, but the memory of that garish red hair on Kimberly makes me not want her to come back, unless it's to pick up her daughter.

I hope we don't see Hope caressing the ties that bound her Bo. Couldn't take that, but I fear that will happen once she finds where he was being held.

I feel so sorry for Chase. Imagine the limbo he is in. I know most of you don't like him. I think he's immature and very sweet. 

Can you believe Ben holding that gun right next to "Colin's" face? He has totally lost it-gone 'round the BENd. Completely barmy. 

I had to google Shane and Kimberly to see who you referring to. I have no recollection of their children! I have always loved Shane, and Charles Shaughnessy, and never cared for Kimberly and Patsy Pease. 

I can't stand Belle, and I don't like Brandon Beemer as Shawn D.😢 The whole Hope storyline is annoying me, and I find myself fast forwarding through it a lot.  Kristian needs a new hairstyle. Wow I sound grumpy! 😉 

Regular Contributor

@codeqn wrote:

Hi! I introduced myself awhile ago and I used to be on these boards all the time several years ago so I'm not exactly a stranger.

Now to the topic having the gun safe in the living room isn't all that odd most people who have gun or carry guns in their occupation have their gun close at hand. the gun safe could only be opened by a certain hand print so Ciara or Chase could not open it. They were perfectly safe. C;-)

Hi C!

i remember you! I used to post a lot "back in the day" 😀 All those posts are gone though...anyway welcome back!