Trusted Contributor

Re: All things DAY, wk of 11/02/2015

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

OH MY Gosh......Snow, you are right, Adrienne's wig looks ridiculous.  So does Kate's.  Yikes.  A Halloween ball invaded Salem!!  And that gaudy outfit that Caroline is wearing....another YIKES. 

Ok, that is enough of my being unkind for today!  LOL

HAHAHAHAHA   Yes suzie!!   Caroline's outfit!!!!!   When I saw it I thought would she really wear that ugly thing!!!

Honored Contributor

Aiden's last appearance on the show is 11/9, wow that is sooner than I had thought.

Trusted Contributor

11/9 is also the day that Stef's minions kidnap Sami - so a lot of stuff happening on 11/9  !!! 

End of the show today was wild ---- Bo calling his Mom...wow.

Valued Contributor

I almost felt like covering my eyes every time they showed Adrienne from the front.

I thought the "girls" were going to be set free!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

11/9 is also the day that Stef's minions kidnap Sami - so a lot of stuff happening on 11/9  !!! 

End of the show today was wild ---- Bo calling his Mom...wow.

But suzie, no one is going to believe Caroline. They're going to think, 'there she goes again about Bo.' And they'll take her home because she isn't allowed to drive.

The 60's thing-some were right on, some were 50's-like Jennifer's lipstick. Red in the fifties, frosted in the 60's. Hope looked like Loretta Young. I think it was supposed to be That Girl, tho. Boobs didn't look like that back then. They wore those bullet bras. They'd knock your eye out. Kim Novak comes to mind-don't remember which movie, but boy she had 'em! They were called sweater girls back in the fifties and it kind of carried over to the sixties. I used to do my eyes like Jen-fake lashes and cat eye liner. Everything comes back. I remember the Carnaby Street look. So fun. Jen could have done it but she was dressed for an evening out instead of short skirt and boots. She looked more like Grace Kelly in Rear Window. Caroline looked like something brought her-like she wasn't her own person, something had her and was moving her along. Just awful. Julie from a distance, whew, not a good look. I can't believe how much I like Abby now. I did a total turn around on her. Love her. Did you know she used to watch DOOL, I mean, just like us-I believe she did a try out for the part and got it and could not believe she was going to be on her favorite soap. I think she watched it with her sister and her mom.

Well, suzie, I'm not as kind as you in my critiques. But to me it's all in fun, no harm meant, certainly. But Adrienne, you've just got to do something about that fright wig.

End of critique.

But wait, I forgot. Gabi looked lovely but where did Lani get her outfit (very appropriate) on such short notice and the hair-it's what they used to call a 'fall'. Could only be found second hand store-maybe she went with Theresa.

Respected Contributor

I had to laugh at some of the wigs and outfits today.  Julie's and Caroline's outfits looked like curtains.   Made me think of the old Carol Burnett Gone With the Wind skit.....I just saw it in the window and had to have it!  Some of those wigs looked like they belonged to Loui XIV.  LOL, where was this party.....the Palace of Versailles? 

Esteemed Contributor

Mad Men invaded Salem today - and not in a good way.   Those wigs!!!  To me, Kate looked like Martha Washington - but @MamaWick - Marie Antoinette is good too!

I am confused - at home Hope is twirling around in her wedding gown, but then she shows up at the party in the 60's outfit.  I thought she was going to that mansion in her wedding gown and where was her maid of honor Kayla to help her?

@Judaline - I agree about Lani - she just happened to have a retro outfit available in her closet at a moment's notice?

Abby better run for her life!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well that's not how I remember the fashion/hair of the 60's!  I mean some of it was okay, but for the most part think they could have done better.  Wonder if any of the hair/wardrobe people were even around in the 60's.  Ha!  Agree with the comments on the wigs, but think Theresa's may have been the worst.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline -here is your  reminder - the new Ali Sweeney Hallmark movie - Plum Pudding Mystery will be on November 22nd - 9PM.  Now I have to remember to watch it - HaHa!!! (or set the DVR!).

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@Judaline -here is your  reminder - the new Ali Sweeney Hallmark movie - Plum Pudding Mystery will be on November 22nd - 9PM.  Now I have to remember to watch it - HaHa!!! (or set the DVR!).

Thanks, twin. Nice for Thanksgiving. I have to record it because of the commercials. Looking forward!

@twin, how do you use the @ thing-y?