Esteemed Contributor

All things DAYS, wk of 10/08/2018

I have not watched in weeks.  I have not even read the synopses.  I may read some in the future, but for now, I am out.  That said, I need someone to take over the thread and starting it every Sunday evening.  "Talk amongst yourselves."  Smiley Happy

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 10/08/2018

I just want to say thank you for all the time you have spent starting this thread.  You are appreciated.  I agree with you about the show.  It's gone off the rails even for a soap.  Same old, same old.

Esteemed Contributor

I fast forwarded through a lot of today's show  - Bonnie/Mimi and Lucas/Chloe.

For me, the best part was the end with Xander.

Trusted Contributor

I am sorry you are not starting the thread anymore,  I looked forward to it.  The show is really in a slow spell right now.

Honored Contributor

Not being an old timer, Mimi is new to me. I enjoyed her interaction with Bonnie. I'd never leave the show because so much is going on right now. I don't work so I am able to watch in real time. When I worked, about 15 minutes of Fast Forwarding had to suffice for All My Children.

Respected Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

I am sorry you are not starting the thread anymore,  I looked forward to it.  The show is really in a slow spell right now.

Hi @TurnerGal    Agree, the show seems to be in a slow spell right now, but I know there are others who think it's doing well.  As for me, I find it's really, really hard to stay awake during it.  The storylines just don't seem to be grabbing me.  I mean, how long is Doc gonna lay in that bed, upstairs or wherever she is, with her makeup and hair still looking good??  How long's it been since she had a shower???  The "ridiculous" obvious stuff drives me crazy even though I now it's only a soap!!!  I'm a Nicole fan so maybe now that she's back I'll stay awake.  The Lucas/Bonnie/Baby BonBon story is just dumb.  I was never a nuAbigail fan so any scenes that involve her I FF through.  Chad's constant stuttering and stammering and all the whispering from some of the others makes me FF too.  Maybe toDAY will be a better show.  

Honored Contributor

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

@TurnerGal wrote:

Hi @TurnerGal    Agree, the show seems to be in a slow spell right now, but I know there are others who think it's doing well.  As for me, I find it's really, really hard to stay awake during it.  The storylines just don't seem to be grabbing me.  I mean, how long is Doc gonna lay in that bed, upstairs or wherever she is, with her makeup and hair still looking good??  How long's it been since she had a shower???  The "ridiculous" obvious stuff drives me crazy even though I now it's only a soap!!!  I'm a Nicole fan so maybe now that she's back I'll stay awake.  The Lucas/Bonnie/Baby BonBon story is just dumb.  I was never a nuAbigail fan so any scenes that involve her I FF through.  Chad's constant stuttering and stammering and all the whispering from some of the others makes me FF too.  Maybe toDAY will be a better show.  

hahahahaha I know what you're saying. I'm trying to figure out which is worse-that wig Bonnie Lockhart is wearing or Adrienne's hair cut. I truly cannot decide. 

Respected Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

@TurnerGal wrote:

hahahahaha I know what you're saying. I'm trying to figure out which is worse-that wig Bonnie Lockhart is wearing or Adrienne's hair cut. I truly cannot decide. 

@Judaline  Ha ha!!!  I'm gonna say the haircut is worse before she has to wear it like that until it grows in.  At least with a wig, yank it off, it's gone, buhbye.  Ohh, but wait, the poor actress is stuck with that short 'do after she takes the wig off.  For a second there, you had me thinking they were two separate people!!!!

So Mimi's back.  I liked her as a teen but am happy she's back.  She looks like she either had dental work or lip injections or fillers or something.  She looks a little different.  Why are all "babies" in Salem wrapped up so horribly in blankets up and over their heads and faces??  They sure could use some lessons on how to hold the "baby" too.  Babies move and bend.  Wooden boards do not.  Corday should take the plunge and invest in one of the fake baby dolls that are used out there in Hollywood. 

And how long a conversation were Nicole and Eric gonna have with the door between them?  I'm a Nicole fan from way back so I'm happy to see her, but I can't wait to hear today why she's supposedly married to Xander.  

Maybe today Doc'll get that much-needed shower.

Honored Contributor

@BarbiHollywood  You make so many good points, all spot on.

I think the actress Mimi has had lip injections. If you see her in profile she has the 'trout' look. I think that's what it is. She doesn't look any older. I think that nowadays girls are having injections and fillers so often that they will never look any older. Kids today.

We don't agree on everything - I like MM as Abigail and I don't like Nicole. They've got such a large cast now why did she have to come back. With her tail between her legs, too! Oh, well. 

And Xander! I used to cringe when I saw him I disliked the actor so much. I think something's wrong with me. I started liking him when he was on last and looked pretty good propped against that wall yesterDAY. I still don't think he has an Aussie accent. It's more like a cockney-aussie-something. Something that I've never heard before. Whatever.

Esteemed Contributor

I've always liked Xander and am glad he is back.  I FF through a lot of yesterday's shpw - did I miss Nicole saying she was married to Xander?   That is a surprise!