Esteemed Contributor

All things DAYS, wk of 09/24/2018

I'm a lifer, but am truly considering giving Days up.  It just isn't holding my interest any longer.  Y'all don't need to try to talk me out of it...the decision will be mine.  I hope to decide in the next couple of weeks. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 09/24/2018

Sure hope this thread lives on. I'm home most days, so it has  become a part of my routine to have lunch and watch Days. Sometimes I doze off during the last fifteen minutes, but I enjoy my friends in Salem - even though I know we must check our brains at the door.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG - It is a part of my routine also -  have lunch and watch DAYS.   As much as I complain about it, I would miss it very much.

Esteemed Contributor

No worries...of course the thread would live on.  Another DAYSie would take over and start it, just like they do when I am unavailable. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

I'm a lifer, but am truly considering giving Days up.  It just isn't holding my interest any longer.  Y'all don't need to try to talk me out of it...the decision will be mine.  I hope to decide in the next couple of weeks. 

Been there, done that, didn't work!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@twinsister wrote:

@AuntG - It is a part of my routine also -  have lunch and watch DAYS.   As much as I complain about it, I would miss it very much.

Heart

Honored Contributor

I will be watching, it is a fun diversion. I like that even if you miss a few days it really doesn't matter. I would never try to convince someone else to continue watching. 

Respected Contributor

I've been watching this since I was a child, don't judge.Woman LOL  I'll be sad if/when our crazy show goes away, it's like an old friend and part of my routine.  I love to complain and critique DAYS, but really would be sad if it went away.  Can't even imagine how they'd wrap it up.  It would be so fun to be able to see DAYS from the pilot episode.  I wasn't even born when the show first aired, jumped in during the late 70's.  Wish they had a channel that would show our funny little show from day one, now that would be worth watching. 

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 you made me wonder if cancelled soaps have a wrap up. The only one I remember is All My Children. They weren't given a wrap up. A week of flash backs and remembrances would have been nice, but the show was here one week and gone the next.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG  -  I didn't watch All My Children, but didn't realize they didn't even wrap it up.  That's kind of sad, you'd think they'd give some type of finale.  Wonder how they'd do it for DAYS?  I remember the end of Little House on the Prairie, they blew up all the buildings in Walnut Grove.  Of course, you'd have to make sure everyone was gone and since no animals exist in Salem, I guess they could go that route if they felt like it.