Honored Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 09/18

@snowylady wrote:

I loved Doug and Julie's scene today.  It just makes me happy to see them again.  I agreed with them when they spoke of their past magic.  Their romance and times at Doug's Place were wonderful.

@snowylady, I never saw them except in old age but in their scene today I felt like I could see them as young people.  Not sure why.  There was like magic dust between them or something LOL.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@twinsister wrote:

I'm tired of these people who can't make up their mind about who they want to be with - Nicole w/Eric or Brady, Chad w/Abby or Gabi, etc.

Have you ever wondered if there aren't any other single people in town? But no, the characters are always going back to their ex or taking someone's away. I suggest they play the field!

Yes, it's getting tedious. And now the two busy bodies are coming up against each other. I hope Chloe loses so she'll go back to Chicago.

DAY one and it's already started with Eric and Nicole. DAY one! Now we await a drunken baby Brady to bust in and say, 'I know what's going on.' And there we go again. 

This is boring stuff.

Beautiful color blouse on Hope toDAY. And the nude look make up becomes her.  JJ lost the beard. Probably too much trouble. 

@Judaline, ITA.  Hope's blouse was my favorite part of the show.  I didn't even notice JJ shaved -- he had the beard for only one episode?  But they don't always tape in order so will it magically appear again one day?

This is Eric's last week before the actor left to do Queen Sugar.  Did you notice he didn't whisper?  Someone must have told him to speak up.  And please, free that man's hair.  OMG it looked bad.

Honored Contributor

What does Brady do all day?  He's always available.  I'd take anything except him hanging around doing nothing, always available when people come over -- I'd rather see him on the couch watching tv and eating popcorn with Sheila.  Brady, do something, anything.  You're a bore!

Honored Contributor

Now competion beween Hope and whats his face...i bet she will get the job as she is a take charge person..lol!

Copetition between between Julie and Chloe bidding on that tavern..lol..Chloe should win..i hope!

Brady..is a loser and can't keep a girlfriend!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@snowylady wrote:

I loved Doug and Julie's scene today.  It just makes me happy to see them again.  I agreed with them when they spoke of their past magic.  Their romance and times at Doug's Place were wonderful.

I was praying they would show an old clip of him singing The Most Beautiful Girl in the World to her like he did many moons ago, I would have given anything to see that again. He opened Doug's Place in 1980, I remember it so well. I was home then with my kids and got to see it everyday back then. They are a storybook romance both on and off the air, my fave couple of all time on Days. He is amazing for 92. He has a big family from his first wife. Julie and Chloe will be duking it out!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

@BarbiHollywood, I agree.  I think it's because we haven't seen them do anything to lead up to it, they were just handed the reins after Sonny owned a club, Chad owned a club and Brady, well he's been working a long time but we never see it. 

So it's like for me, none of them has any gravitas and they look foolish running corporations.  

The other thing that drives me batty is that for years, going back to Stefano and EJ, "Mr. Shin" is the only person anyone at DiMera talks to.  Gets on my last nerve.  And Mr. Shin seems to be the head of the BOD but how can DiMera be a public corporation with all its illegal activities.  

@LoriLori   OMG THAT'S SOOOOO TRUE!!!  They look like they're playing dress-up trying to be grown men.  And, yea, Mr. Shin.  Who is the mysterious Mr. Shin anyway and why don't they just call him by his first name?   Ohhhh, this show!!!

Super Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@snowylady wrote:

I was praying they would show an old clip of him singing The Most Beautiful Girl in the World to her like he did many moons ago, I would have given anything to see that again. He opened Doug's Place in 1980, I remember it so well. I was home then with my kids and got to see it everyday back then. They are a storybook romance both on and off the air, my fave couple of all time on Days. He is amazing for 92. He has a big family from his first wife. Julie and Chloe will be duking it out!!

I would have loved that too.  The singing at Doug's Place was so fun to watch back then.  They both still look great.

Honored Contributor

Hard for me to picture Doug and Julie as Day's powerhouse couple.  It's easy to tell they were attractive people in their younger days, but I thought they were married at least 50 years.

I've only watched since Nick was thrown in the river a few years ago by Sami and Kate (maybe someone else was involved too).

Super Contributor

If you are really interested in seeing Doug and Julie in their younger days, there are many clips of them on youtube.  I've spent many hours watching old Days clips there.  Hope and Bo are my other favorite couple.

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle @snowylady   I thought for sure they were going to play at least one clip of them long ago.  I kept waiting for it and then Julie got up to leave.  I was disappointed.   Doug/Bill looks great for 92.   

I too am so tired of the Brady/Nicole/Eric tale.  Get on with it already.