Esteemed Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 09/14

Lori...I love my cupcake!  This week I "saved" two turtles.  One small and one really, really BIG one.  Put them in our pond.  The big one was about 15 inches!  Needed some neighbors to help get him to the pond, but we did it. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Mama, you are so kind.  In honor of your love of wildlife and the turtles you saved, and our fellowship (even when we don't listen to one another or remember what we said) let's all enjoy a piece of this turtle cake (except for people who just post and don't read.  That's rude.  No cake for you.)

turtle cake

(There was a much better turtle cake but it looked so realistic I couldn't eat a bite LOL.)

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I know i'm guilty of that maybe a lot.  Not because I don't read every post, I do, but because I'm a scatterbrain sometimes and what I read two weeks ago might look new to me today.  Let me give a blanket apology for the many times I've done it in the past and the many times I'm sure to do it again in the future.  

Like right now I'm putting off all the hard work I have to do and at least half my brain is engaged in that so I may not remember this conversation.

Jud, sorry about your aunt, love the pic, agreed.

Mama, you start our thread every week, you get a cupcake too.  I could not find a cedar waxwing, unfortunately.

Mama's cupcake

lori, this is so cute. Did you make it yourself? I just know you did. And look at the little eggs! I love bluebirds (sorry mama). I haven't seen one since I was a little girl. I don't mean blue jays-we've got those, but a bluebird is rare here. I always think of Snow White when I see a pic of a bluebird-'someday, my prince will come, some day' now aw shucks, stop with the applause. 

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Mama, you are so kind.  In honor of your love of wildlife and the turtles you saved, and our fellowship (even when we don't listen to one another or remember what we said) let's all enjoy a piece of this turtle cake (except for people who just post and don't read.  That's rude.  No cake for you.)

turtle cake

(There was a much better turtle cake but it looked so realistic I couldn't eat a bite LOL.)

GOOD JOB MAMA WICK!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you Lori for the beautiful cupake!   Mishka is who I want to be, I had that name for a long time till QVC got rid of it some how,  I am a grandma,   just use that other nic name because it's my hubby's...and his email.....

@LoriLori wrote:

Morning, Snow!!!!

Mishka (or would you rather be called Grandpa???) I'm thinking maybe the kewpies have run their course without our precious OT.  So since you are the 100th poster, before we retire the custom (if we do) please enjoy this cupcake.

Mishka's cupcake