Respected Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 09/07/2015

@LoriLori, I have a PhD in Safety Engineering.  I should have a PhD in Days as long as I've been watching it.  I forget some of the more boring stuff though.  I do miss the original Roman (Wayne Northrup)

Perhaps one of you can fill in a detail that I was trying to recall the other night--wasn't Kayla involved with Chris Kozichek (Josh whatshisname, the current Roman Brady)--I think he was her first boyfriend many many years ago. 

Frequent Contributor

Well yea....one of my fav all time movies is the Bad Seed! I'd love to see that! But DAYs writers aren't/weren't clever enough to write a child killer storyline. Too edgy for them, IMO. But it will be fun finding out what's up!

Esteemed Contributor

We never saw Caroline with Victor.  Bo was Shawn's son until the writers decided to throw that in, then we got a back story that Caroline had an affair with Victor.  Shawn forgave Caroline when it all came out, and Bo ended up with two fathers. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

The Brady's had their own fishing boat.  Shawn caught the fish, Caroline manned the fish market and sold the fish.  I would imagine their customers were Salemites wanting fresh fish.  Now...where the fish were caught?  The lake?  The river?  Who knows. 

Anyway the fish market and the subsequent makeover to the pub was indeed part of the storyline decades ago. 

Probably the ocean-I like to think it's the New England Salem. I think clams for her soup would only be available in the ocean, anyway?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dr Kelli...Yep!  In fact Kayla lost her virginity to Chris. 

Oh...I think the first actress to play Kayla (Mary Catherine Stuart) was the one portraying Kayla when that happened. 

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

I believe Elvis's twin brother's name was Jesse Garon.  It was Elvis Aron (later spelled Aaron) and Jesse Garon. 

I know, mama-this was a joke going around when ELVIS first came on the scene. And nobody knew he really had a twin brother. It was shall we say an unclean joke.

Esteemed Contributor

Jud...I did not know that!

Esteemed Contributor

I remember Caroline standing behind the counter selling fish at the market.  Long time ago.

Jud - I remember Elvis having a twin brother that was stillborn, but never heard his name.

Trusted Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@MamaWick wrote:

The Brady's had their own fishing boat.  Shawn caught the fish, Caroline manned the fish market and sold the fish.  I would imagine their customers were Salemites wanting fresh fish.  Now...where the fish were caught?  The lake?  The river?  Who knows. 

Anyway the fish market and the subsequent makeover to the pub was indeed part of the storyline decades ago. 

Probably the ocean-I like to think it's the New England Salem. I think clams for her soup would only be available in the ocean, anyway?

But I believe Salem is close to Chicago (as characters have always gone there in a short trip) so not sure what body of water they fished in but doesn't appear to be the Atlantic.

Honored Contributor

You're right, Sooner, it's in the midwest.

Dr. Kelli, color me impressed!  

I didn't see today's show because of insane floor stuff.  Thank you, POP TV.