Respected Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 09/04

@LoriLori wrote:

The guy who plays Lt. Raines is also (and now only) on Bold & the Beautiful.  Better them than us!!!

@LoriLori  -  You were reading my mind.  I was getting my hair done this afternoon and I didn't know what soap was on, but I saw Raines on it.  Was getting ready to post if anyone knew he was on another soap. Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

Enjoyed Hattie & Bonnie today.  Oh and I especially liked Hattie's conversation with Andre yesterday.  I love the expressions on the characters B or H are talking to.  They look so confused.  Woman Happy

I thought of all you Daysies today when Raines mentioned the Keystone Cops getting there.  

I agree with judaline, John & Marlena are so boring.  The Hattie character has so much more spunk. 

Honored Contributor

@Judaline

yes,that would nave been very funny..lol!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

To all the Daysies in the potential path of Irma, know that we're praying for you.  I hope she makes a hard right turn asap and goes out to sea.  It's happened before and I'm hoping that it does again. I have family in FL and used to live there too.  Please stay safe & if possible let us know you're ok when you can.

Honored Contributor

Bad Hattie...boo! hiss!

Poor Andre!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

A few seconds before she said it, I thought, Oh, no, she's going to declare Andre incompetent! I forgot how much she hated him. You were naughty, Andre. Now she's putting the screws to you. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Trusted Contributor

Well I am mad!!!    I really wanted Andre to take the position away from Kate.   I can't believe that Hattie said what she did.   I am hoping that when Marlena gets back, this whole thing will blow up yet in Kate's face.   I love Andre!!   Can not stand Kate at all anymore!!

Trusted Contributor

@snowball  I'm right there with you.   Andre has really grown on me.  Liked his comment to Kate about a cat and the cream or something to that effect.   

Esteemed Contributor

I loved when Kate and Andre were discussing Abe's involvement in the con...it went something like this...

Andre:  I never realized Abe had the...

Kate:  Scones?

Andre:  Taking the pastry from Kate...

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Oh, @BarbiHollywood, hoping with all my heart you don't lose electricity.  And you've got to get a ton of bottled water for drinking and flushing and brushing -- in case.  Do you have a generator?  (We can't, not in the condo building.)

I'm scared.  

But they're jumping the gun, canceling things for tomorrow.  Yesterday DAYS wasn't on.  Today it is.  I'm glad.  We won't know the important stuff till tomorrow or Friday.

Thanks, @LoriLori for your good wishes.  We have a very small generator kind of thing, not exactly sure what it would even be good for, that's how small it is!  I think we're pretty prepared here with water, food, supplies, etc. and we have lots of propane so I can grill food.  My sons have a couple of those really good Yeti coolers so things will stay pretty frozen for days.  I've been making ice packs and filling empty containers with water since it's not an issue right now.  Just keeping fingers crossed.

I just got back from Publix and noticed that some people had tons of water in their carts.  The water shelves were empty, no surprise, but I need to know where the water was.  Manager says, "Oh, we sold out by 3:30."  I got there at exactly 3:15 and there was a big sign by one of the entrances saying water was sold out.  I asked her again, so where did these people find all the water???  She replied, "We had all our inventory out over by the entrance by Aisle 1."  How dumb is that???  There are TWO entrances and you put out all your inventory on ONE side of the store????  So you were only able to see and grab the water if you entered from the right.  The rest of us slobs who entered from the left got zilch.  And lemme tell you how much water people grabbed.  Some carts were overflowing.  Obviously, Publix didn't impose a limit, nor did they hand out the gallons.   Talk about greed.  Sometimes I wonder how much training Managers and Assistant Managers get. 

Sorry to get off-topic, just irritated.