Esteemed Contributor

All things DAYS, wk of 09/04

No DAYS on Monday because we all know that golf is so much more important.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 09/04

I've never understood golf.  I'm not a happy camper when I get a holiday off and Days is preempted.  

Respected Contributor

I am not happy either.  Every time there is something going on in the U.S. our NBC channel goes to it and interupts Days.  It drives me nuts. Then today because of golf??? 

Trusted Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

No DAYS on Monday because we all know that golf is so much more important.

Mama,   I find most sports just boring...but golf has to be the worse to watch...which I never, ever do....even my sports loving husband can't watch golf..LOL!

Respected Contributor

I don't think it was the thrill of golf, but due to many people coming home or having other activities away from home, the viewers would have missed today.  anytime someone breaks a fingernail Days is interrupted here.

Honored Contributor

So many of you mention breaking news cutting in during Days. That rarely happens on the Green Bay station I watch it on.  I guess big city stations have more news that can't wait.

Trusted Contributor

@AuntG:  I don't think they have more news that can't wait,  they have huge egos that want all the air time they can get. Lester Holt at NBC is really bad at that.  Sometimes we have another channel that is an affiliate of our NBC channel and they will pick up the show if NBC insists on bringing us more bad news. I for one appreciate they know some of us want to watch our program if it isn't the end of the world and we can catch up on the news at the dinner hour. 

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG  I watch it on the GB station, too!  I live between GB and MKE, so if I miss anything at noon, I can catch it at 1.  I have also noticed that NBC26 rarely preempts.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Golf brings in a lot of money for the network.  A lot.  Waaaaay more than DAYS.  My only issue is that the golf didn't start until 1:30 so I wish they had cut in half an hour late to golf and showed DAYS.  But there's no financial incentive for them to do that.

The people like me who live in a market where the network owns their NBC station will be preempted more often.

It has nothing to do with people not being home on Labor Day because a) DVRs and b)  Young & the Restless, by double the highest-rated soap opera, was on and it was new.  

Respected Contributor

Okay, I'm going to get technical on issues with DAYS:  Club TBD has a serious code violation.  Just realized the door swings into the building.  If trying to evacuate, doors must swing OUT, in the direction of egress.  I would have thought Salem PD would be all over that and contact the non-existant fire marshall.  Code violations, Corday!

So the place Raines takes Gabi to is the cabin in Canada that Brady and Nicole were hiding out?  All they did was skew the pictures on the wall, throw a sheet over the leather sofa and call it a new set, no one will be the wiser. Woman LOL