Honored Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 07/30/2018

@sophiamarie wrote:

I have a feeling that Brady and Jen (and whoever else) went to a Mohs surgeon, who left them scarless.  We don't know, but Brady and Jen just might be taking anti-rejection meds.  I think I saw Bady slip a pill in his mouth one DAY.  LOL  That's what we saw - we don't know what they take when we're not watching.

I had four DAYS worth to catch up on and last night I watched Tues and Wed.  ToDAY, I will finish up Thurs and Fri.  But, I am really catching up reading right here.

I do have a question though.  Someone here said Steve was covering up his good eye with the patch.  Isn't that the glass eye that Bo knocked out or something and the other eye was just bionically fixed after John blinded him.  So, his right eye is the bionic eye and the patched eye is the artificial one, right????  Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, this smooching between Kayla and Steve is really getting on my nerves - I mean, she's the Chief of Staff.  Does she have no shame???

I didn't like the way Steve greeted Adrienne when she came to visit him.  He said something about her blouse and winked at her.  It was not appropriate for a brother to act towards his sister IMO.  They act more like lovers than siblings.  JMO again.

BBL and TIA

Steve and Kayla are married, it is Adrienne who is Steve's sis.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle  I noticed my mistake as soon as I re-read it.  It's already edited.  Thanks anyway.  

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie  Here's the thing about Steve's eye. I had posted, 'why couldn't Steve get TWO bionic eyes?' Someone said at one time Steve had an operation that gave him his sight back in the patched eye. But after a short time he started feeling uncomfortable without his patch, so he continued to wear it. As soon as they said it I remembered that. It's another one of those things they thought we'd forget about (and they almost had me). That's all I can tell you.

P.S. I believe Philip lost his face, oh, gag, when in the service. Maybe some kind of explosion-grenade or something.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, indeed...Philip had damage to his face from his time in the service (and also lost his leg during that "service."

As for Steve's left eye.  He lost that eye in a fight with Bo.  This was the back story before Steve was ever seen on the show.  Yes, he received a prosthetic eye and had the scar removed, but it was a "glass eye" and he cannot see out of the left eye.  The native eye has been gone even before he got the prosthetic one.  And yes, he felt uncomfortable without the patch so he put it back on. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

Yes, indeed...Philip had damage to his face from his time in the service (and also lost his leg during that "service."

As for Steve's left eye.  He lost that eye in a fight with Bo.  This was the back story before Steve was ever seen on the show.  Yes, he received a prosthetic eye and had the scar removed, but it was a "glass eye" and he cannot see out of the left eye.  The native eye has been gone even before he got the prosthetic one.  And yes, he felt uncomfortable without the patch so he put it back on. 

It was the late 80's either right before or after his wedding to Kayla. he had gotten some big job maybe with ISA and either he or they thought it was best to be sans patch. His good friend, Marcus, who was a doctor performed the surgery, but as Mama said he disliked himself without the Patch and put it back on. But his vision was never retored in that eye.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember Phillip was in an explosion and had the facelift.  Wouldn't it have been easier to have a subtitle saying "John Jones is now playing the part of Phillip" instead of just ignoring the facelift, etc.????

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
Spoiler
Nexr week:
Chad walks out on Abbs (again!), and good ole Gabi worms her way into living with Chad !
I sure hope that Kate fills Chad in on Gabi's cruel Pregnancy test scam!!
Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie    I think Steve  was just kidding around with his sister, Adrienne, and teasing her about the "bright color" of her blouse since now he can see.  

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick  I can see clearly now. Thanks for 'clearing' things up.

Honored Contributor

Spoiler
Ben wants Marlena to hypnotize him so he can remember more clearly about the fire to clear his name.