Esteemed Contributor

All things DAYS, wk of 07/24

Discuss

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 07/24

Update from Lori - to quote her - she is not in a good place.  Her doctor told her she needs another surgery when she is finished recuperating.  Understandbly she is upset.  She hopes we all remember her and sends her love.  I responded, told her we are thinking/praying for her and wish her the very best.   

Sorry to start the week with crappy news.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, twin, I was kind of expecting this when she said part of the surgery was unsuccessful. Maybe this time they'll get it right? Right now she has to build up her strength and get well so she can face the next one.

Are we seeing the  spoilers mentioned last week this week I hope?

Trusted Contributor

@twinsister   So sorry to hear this about our Lori.   Yes, please tell her again and again that we are all praying for her and hoping she gets better soon. 

@Judaline  From what I have read regarding spoilers, it sure looks like it is going to be a good week.   FINALLY!!!

Trusted Contributor

@snowball I agree.  I hope the show is starting to turn the corner.  I saw a preview and it looked pretty good.  Fingers crossed.

@twinsister  Thank you for the updates on Lori.  Let her know she'll stay in our prayers and to try to stay strong.

Honored Contributor

@snowball  Yes!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

O.K. not liking the 2nd Marlena...and now we get the 2 Andrean....Bonnie Lockhart...NO, NO..

if this is from the new writers please  fire them....how many doubles can they have.?

I also do love John's hair natural....he looks great!

Honored Contributor

Hi.  Hi, hi, hi!  I have missed you all.  I've read every word and been touched and buoyed by your lovely thoughts and prayers.

It's been very tough going.  I know Twin and sometimes Mama have kept you posted.  I thought I was having a lap and surgery in three places and that was bad enough but no they had to open me up and the surgery went from 10 a.m. til 2 p.m. and I've had all kinds of complications and part of it yes has to be done again but it will take me months to recuperate from this one.

The leak -- the whole apt. is being painted and my neighbor found us the most wonderful painter and I prevailed upon my mother to let me have colored accent walls almost everywhere (lost the foyer fight) so this is kind of awesome because such a mess and I literally cannot lift a finger.  The painter is amazing, he's doing it all and sometimes my mother tries to help which gets her out of my hair.

My mother:  On the phone all the time complaining.  The leak comes first then me and my surgery LOL.  She just loves to complain.  Me, I'm stuck on the couch since I got home (and I went in the hospital 6/26 and the surgery was 6/28!!!) -- one part by day I call my "dayroom" and the other part I sleep on.  Once I snuck into my bed the other day and I have one of those impossibly high beds that were all the rage a few years ago and have disappeared because they're nutty, and I suffered so it's me and Couch and no more Lucy'ing into my bed.

I have my tablet but don't know my QVC password and it's not on there, now I'm sitting at my desk because I got to see half the show.

The show?  You can almost pick out which scenes are the old and which are the new LOL.  The first thing I noticed was humor which has been sorely missing.  I know why Hattie is there, I know the spoilers and trust me they will be worth it, this story may not get started for a while but it will be great.  I truly believe the show will be very very good again.

Miss you all!  Miss being able to make snarky remarks and stuff.  This is the best thread on the whole internet.

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart

p.s. to Jud:  Yes, I did code!  After my hysterectomy.  They blamed it on a drug interaction.  This time I stopped breathing three times in the recovery room -- and the anesthesiologist came and told me after that I am one of a small number of people who are very, very sensitive to anesthesia and that is why I stop breathing.  Luckily I started again every time.  But when I had the hysterectomy I was unconscious for 48 hours yet I could feel the hands working on me for weeks after.  Could you?

Sorry this is so long.  Will try and come back soon.  Maybe I should wait til I have something clever to say.

Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mishka14

i agree..John's hair looks great!

we had a stupid news break..today so

what did Xander offer in information or?

in exchange for his freedom?

thanks

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Trusted Contributor

@LoriLori  So happy to see you posting here!  We've missed you.  It's sounds like you've had a long road, with a long road still to travel.  I hope with time it gets easier and the next surgery will go smoothly.  

Regarding the show, I agree 100%.  I was behind and had to catch up on 8 shows in a row.  I could feel the change in some of the scenes.  The biggest being humor and happiness in the faces of some of the cast.  The show has been so down-in-the-dumps for so long it was refreshing.  

I still see Fred Flintstone when Dario's on.  Can't wait for him to be gone.