Honored Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 07/02/2018

[ Edited ]

@Daysdee, @MamaWick, I haven't watched long so when they mentioned the last time she married John, I assumed this was the second time. Now I want to look up the Barbie Doll Marlena. Hard to believe the show was popular enough to catch Mattel's attention.

Edited to add that I found many on Ebay in the $30 range. It looks like they were manufactured in 1999.

Trusted Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

Did Will and Sonny just roll Leo's body up in Uncle Vic's oriental rug?  How do you explain that being gone and do you know how heavy those things are minus a dead body?  Wouldn't it have been more practical to have used a shower curtain?  I thought they'd just chuck his lifeless body in the trunk of his car and clean the blood out of the rug.  I'm sure Maggie has some rug cleaner tucked away just for these very situations.

@IlliniGirl88

My thoughts exactly.  

Maybe there are a few extra oriental rugs in the Kiriakis attic! 

Plus, haven’t there been other murders, or at least blood spilled in the manse previously?  Probably blood cleaners in the pantry by the case!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's her Statue of Liberty look: @MamaWickThanks for that description, it was perfect!

Marlena wedding.jpg

Honored Contributor

Now I do remember they were married in 86, then remarried in summer of 1999, right after they got remarried was when they aged the kids to be teens like Philip, Belle, Shawn, and brought on Chloe and Mimi.

Respected Contributor

Here's the dollMarlena doll.jpg

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88  It looks like one of those Storybook Dolls. They came in a little polka dot box and depicted some kind of character from a book. I can't imagine why Marlena Evans would capture the attention of a doll maker or someone. She just wasn't that well known. Can't you just see Deidre's home? It probably has a room dedicated to the doll, hahahaha. Shelves full of them.

They sure were a handsome couple. Bo and Hope were a tough act to follow. 

Respected Contributor

@Judaline  -  I had no clue they did a Barbie doll of her until @MamaWick posted about it.  Too funny about wondering if Deidre has a dedicated room for her doll.  It would be hilarious if they wrote the doll into the script.  Marlena could take one out of her crossbody and give it to Ari.  Poor thing doesn't have any toys laying around the mansion and Gabi is never with her.  A girl has to have something to play with.

Mattel must have been hard up for doll ideas that year. 

Astronaut Barbie - check

Pediatrician Barbie - check

Olympic Skater Barbie - check

Let's see, why don't we do a Marlena Evans Barbie!  The kiddos will have a blast pretending to be a possessed, serial killer psychiatrist. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Judaline  -  I had no clue they did a Barbie doll of her until @MamaWick posted about it.  Too funny about wondering if Deidre has a dedicated room for her doll.  It would be hilarious if they wrote the doll into the script.  Marlena could take one out of her crossbody and give it to Ari.  Poor thing doesn't have any toys laying around the mansion and Gabi is never with her.  A girl has to have something to play with.

Mattel must have been hard up for doll ideas that year. 

Astronaut Barbie - check

Pediatrician Barbie - check

Olympic Skater Barbie - check

Let's see, why don't we do a Marlena Evans Barbie!  The kiddos will have a blast pretending to be a possessed, serial killer psychiatrist. Woman LOL

Too funny. Yes, give Ari a doll. A Marlena doll! And if she doesn't want it, Doc can just put it back in her crossbody bag and take it out and look at it periodically. Preferably in a public place.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IlliniGirl88 as I looked around Ebay, I found an Erica Kane (All My Children) Barbie from that same era. At that time, soaps were probably big money makers for the networks and considered far more important than they are now.

Esteemed Contributor

Boring show today.  I find Wednesday episodes are generally that way.  Not always, but most of the time. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix