Honored Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 06/19

Thanks, Lori, I know of Sheri Anderson, she goes way back with Days, way back. I think they should have hired myself and Mama Wick as the consultants, LOL!! I think we go farther back than Sheri Anderson.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yesterday, I saw Gerald MacRaney on The Talk. He mentioned the late casting director Fran Bascom, said if not for her he wouldnt have gotten together with Dela Burke. She casted him as a guest on Designing Women. I remember her as long time casting director on Days.

BTW, he also said, as of now, he has not been asked to return to This is Us, sure hope he is.

Valued Contributor

Agree, bring back Eileen Davidson, does nothing for me either. Sadly, the show is going down hill fast. I have watched from day 1 and I am getting to the point I don't want to watch anymore. 

Trusted Contributor

Well, I can't give up on DAYS yet.....looking forward to the new head writer, etc.

Spoiler

Days of Our Lives (DOOL) spoilers for the next two weeks from June 26 through July 7 reveal that things are going to get rough for many Salemites. The week of June 26-30 will bring the start of a murder mystery, which means Deimos (Vincent Irizarry) is finally going down. Once he ends up with a knife in his chest, the hunt for his killer will begin.

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

There was really no rescue scene per se.  Marlena and John came rushing around one of the big rocks saying something like "is anyone here?" and THAT was it.  No explanation of how M&J found them. 

That's what I thought.  Marlene  checked on Paul, gave him an injection and pretty much next time we saw them they were back in Salem.   I have Thurs. and Fri.'s to watch.  That Abby is too much.  She filed for divorce and now she is so shocked when Chad moved on.  She had already been saying that "he was in Greece with Gabi" even though they didn't actually go there together.  Of course they did "get together" on the trip.   Wonder if the wedding with Dario will actually take place.    When she went to the mansion and saw Gabi and Chad together as she ran out she just said  "I'm leaving Thomas here tonight."    

Honored Contributor

I guess there has to be an unhappy ending for Nicole, Holly and Brady since she is leaving the show in a while and I doubt they will recast the part of "Nicole" since she has played that part for so many years.  Brady loses again.  He needs to find someone and have  good luck for a change.        I would like to see Teresa come back, but not Eve so much.    Maybe we should see some of Justin's other sons too.  Jade, Joey, etc. can leave as far as I am concerned. 

Honored Contributor

That was such an abrupt ending to the island story.  I'm wondering if another plane was able to land and take them home.  Seems unlikely to me.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG I'm thinking the plane they came on was on one of the islands, but they probably came in a little boat to go island hopping. Can you believe Marlena's outfit. Did she ever hear the saying, 'dress for the occasion?' She should have been wearing jeans and gym shoes, with maybe a hoodie. The wardrobe dept. on DAYS is a little short on smarts. JMO

Honored Contributor

Daysdee wrote:

I guess there has to be an unhappy ending for Nicole, Holly and Brady since she is leaving the show in a while and I doubt they will recast the part of "Nicole" since she has played that part for so many years.  Brady loses again.  He needs to find someone and have  good luck for a change.        I would like to see Teresa come back, but not Eve so much.    Maybe we should see some of Justin's other sons too.  Jade, Joey, etc. can leave as far as I am concerned. 

@Daysdee, I've posted this multiple times, maybe you have me on ignore?, the actress agreed to stay longer.  Nicole does not leave Salem until November sweeps.  There is five months of story between now and then.

So we cannot imagine in any way shape or form what her story will be but with the new team firmly in place I would guess she's getting a happy ending because he knows well how sick viewers have been of Nicole's torturous and sad stories.

Honored Contributor

Daysdee wrote:

Again, @Daysdee, not sure if you're not reading my posts but Joey and Jade were fired a while ago.  Not even sure if we'll see Joey again but Jade's days are numbered.